April 19, 2014

What's the deal with vampires these days?

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 29th 2009 2:31PM
True BloodI haven't jumped on the vampire bandwagon. I don't have any real interest in Twilight or True Blood or any other vampire show/movie that starts with a T (The Vampire Diaries starts this fall on The CW). But I've liked them for a long time, from the Christopher Lee films to Kolchak to Forever Knight.

Grady Hendrix at Slate says that vampire stories suck (ha ha) now, because it's more about feelings and psychology and vampires having normal lives and very little about the biting of people.

Who's your favorite vampire on TV?
True Blood403 (20.8%)
The Night Stalker (with Darren McGavin)28 (1.4%)
Moonlight687 (35.5%)
Angel292 (15.1%)
Spike (Buffy The Vampire Slayer)305 (15.8%)
Forever Knight43 (2.2%)
Kindred: The Embrace16 (0.8%)
Count Chocula126 (6.5%)
Other (say in comments)33 (1.7%)

yurih

I think that vampires suck... blood!

September 15 2009 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
moonlight

The best one is Moonlight. Alex O'Loughlin as Mick St. John is amazing. CBS was totally wrong when decided to cancell it. Hopefully we can get a film or something

September 02 2009 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
browneyedaries

Ya HOO Moonlight !!! This is wonderful, I just simply adore Moonlight and would give anything if it were back on TV I miss it so much.

August 24 2009 at 1:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ruble3

I have to add my vote for Moonlight. I didn't really like the crudeness of True Blood. Moonlight touched my soul, what can I say? I'll remember it always fondly. It had drama, humor and lots of class and style. I'm now watching Being Human on BBC and I'm liking it a lot also for the same human-angst elements, but that's not on your list anyway.

August 18 2009 at 6:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Erni

Moonlight forever the best

August 17 2009 at 4:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kim

Moonlight IS the best vamp show! The chemistry between cast members is still drawing in new viewers a year after the final air date!
MESSAGE FOR LES AND NINA:
WE ARE NOT GOING AWAY !!!! MOONLIGHT FANS ARE HERE TO STAY !!!!!
WE WILL CONTINUE THE FIGHT !!!!!!
WE ARE IN THIS FOR THE LONG HAUL...... ARE YOU?

August 13 2009 at 9:56 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sallau8185

Moonlight is obviously the best show. It still has a very strong fan base who will not forget about it. I is so much better than anyother show around. I love it and I am waiting for a Moonlight movie to get made. My deepest wish is for it to come back to primetime when some network executive realizes how hot it still is.

August 13 2009 at 8:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
NANA

I WISH ALEX ALL THE SUCESS IN THE WORLD, BUT MICK ST. JOHN WILL ALWAYS BE MY FIRST LOVE....I SURE MISS MICK AND THE GANG.....MOONLIGHT

August 12 2009 at 9:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
crammond

Moonlight Moonlight Moonlight - - - Mick, Josef, Coraline and our wonderful human, Beth.... I will NEVER EVER have the emotional connection with a cast as I did with Moonlight! I do enjoy True Blood, and Twilight is cute, but ML will be forever in my heart. I hope that Alex, Jason, Sophia and Shannon have the stars align and are able to do a movie for us. If not, I have fantastic memories and will follow all of the cast and crew in their endeavors.

August 12 2009 at 12:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
S N

Here's hoping MOONLIGHT is brought to a movie theatre near you!!!

August 11 2009 at 9:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply