April 23, 2014

FX nabs Donal Logue for the lead in Terriers

by Jason Hughes, posted Jul 30th 2009 1:02PM
Donal LogueI'm still not sold on that show title; Terriers makes me think of little dogs yipping and running around. But FX and Shawn Ryan created magic with The Shield, and Ted Griffin made Ocean's Eleven so much fun. So I'm really excited about the show. My excitement can even withstand the news that Donal Logue (Life) has been cast in the lead role of Terriers.

I've never connected with Logue. I thought Grounded for Life was mostly crap, and he wasn't as "amazing" as the critics told me he was going to be in Knights of Prosperity. He has done better in some of his dramatic work. Maybe I'm just bitter that the hype machine told me Knights was going to be the greatest sitcom of the last millennium, and the next.

Logue takes the role of Hank, an ex-cop who partners with his best friend in the creation of a P.I. business. He's apparently chatty and not the best liar, but solid in undercover work. I'm really needing the casting of his best friend to knock this one out of the park for me. Maybe even -- a female!? Or Gary Coleman. Cast Garey Coleman and I'm sold!

merman

I hope the partner is not a female. enough with the male/female couple. it sucks.
no one wants to see the lame male/female combo, it's boring and does not make ratings.
the greatest and most successful shows with a duo were all male/male or female/female.
So there's no crappy romance storyline.
USA tv is dying because of the obsession with romance.

August 10 2009 at 11:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bobu9

Donal Logue is a genius in his writing and acting - Knights was an excellent show with potential if it weren't canceled. Grounded for Life, though not masterful, was funny and often times original. Donal is an underrated actor and is one to watch.

August 09 2009 at 4:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deej

Can't wait for this new Donal Logue show!!

July 31 2009 at 7:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
grandiousharvas

Donal Logue was awesome as Eugene Gurkin in "Knights of Prosperity". I have recently watched again the episodes and they were really funny.

I'm on on this new series!

July 30 2009 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bukster

Don't forget the origins of Donal Logue, Jimmy the Cab Driver from the Mtv promos.

July 30 2009 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
BillS

The movie The Tao of Steve is a good place for some quality Donal Logue.

July 30 2009 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Darsh

I think Grounded for Life is one of the most underrated sitcoms of all time. I caught a rerun the other morning and still laughed my ass off. Even the young actors were good. Sam from Reaper was on the show! Not to mention Claudia, the mom, letting her curves show in every episode.

I was also disappointed that I didn't get to see more Knights of Prosperity. Though I don't remember there being a lot of hype for it. I prefer Donal Logue in comedy roles, but he is a versatile actor.

July 30 2009 at 3:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barkin

Grounded for Life was one of the better family sitcoms ever. It featured a family that actually had fights, didn't live in a ridiculously nice house/apartment they couldnt actually afford, and were likable for all their faults. (Not to mention it dealt with teenage sex without feeling like an afterschool special.) Kind of like Roseanne, but with characters you didn' despise.

July 30 2009 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply