July 28, 2014

Torchwood star could be moving to Wisteria Lane

by Bob Sassone, posted Jul 31st 2009 6:03PM
BarrowmanShow of hands: how many people here watch both Torchwood and Desperate Housewives? Well, your dreams might be answered. Torchwood star John Barrowman revealed on a British talk show this week that he is going to Los Angeles to meet with the producers of the ABC drama for a role. Though he didn't say what role it would be.

Maybe he can play the same character he plays on Torchwood, add a little sci-fi to the show. Wouldn't that be unbelievably wild? That's why it would never happen.

[via TV Tattle]

Shreela

Ok, I'm old-school enough that I have troubles with known-gays and bi's playing straight roles, and vice-versa as well -- if an "assumed" straight actor plays a gay or bi role, I forever assumed they're at least bi, or should be.

Having said that, I hope he gets hired for DH as bi, because of the above, of course, but also that it would open so many story-lines and tension if supposed straight husbands on DH found themselves attracted to him (and good gosh, who could blame them?!) Maybe they could have him "appearing" straight in a DH role, while giving the "hey big boy" eyes to the DH men, oooh tensions LOL

Of course I want more Torchwood too, but with him and Zoee(sp???) becoming such big actors, and his Torchwood character's most recent mini-series, I wonder how they'll be able to deliver more Torchwoods.

August 03 2009 at 2:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cuisle

I think he was kidding about the Desperate Housewives bit, winding up a radio DJ. It COULD be a one off role. He does that. In any case he is fully booked until January.

BUT I don't think he is going back to Torchwood. That part of his life is over.

August 01 2009 at 5:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to cuisle's comment
Chris

Funny ... he said the other day that he'd play Capt. Jack into his 80s. So I'm not sure where you get that "that part of his life is over."

August 02 2009 at 11:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
merman

FUKK YEAH!!
Please let him have a storyline with Carlos. I can't even think how hot that would be.
I really hope he's moving on, away from Torchwood. It was a great show, but like almost every sci-fi show it was destroyed by stupid creators/producers.

Now all it needs to happen is for Jared Padalecki to be free from that atrocious cw show. He would make a great desperate husband.

August 01 2009 at 9:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PB

Nooo!! Not that I don't want John Barrowman to have a very successful career, but he has to be back on Torchwood! How could Season 4 be any good without Captain Jack??

July 31 2009 at 10:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Claire

hummm....certainly fueling the chatter on whether or not Torchwood is being re-newed.

Since I'm not a fan of DH nor it's various character types I'm disappointed. Couldn't even watch when Nathan Fillion was on. Wish him luck though. He really ought to be a bigger star, especially over here.

July 31 2009 at 7:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

Maybe we'll actually have a captivating gay storyline in this show for once.

July 31 2009 at 7:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply