October 24, 2014

Pauley Perrette crossing over to NCIS: Los Angeles

by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 2nd 2009 12:18PM
Pauley_Perrette_Abby_NCISHow will the producers of NCIS make sure that fans tune in to the show they don't switch the channel after the end credits and stay put for NCIS: Los Angeles, the spin-off? One way will be with crossovers. We've already reported the Rocky Carroll will appear on both shows, now comes word that NCIS mainstay Pauley Perrette will do a two-episode stint on NCIS: L.A.

And they aren't waiting for the guest stint. In the second episode, Perrette's brilliant, goth scientist character, Abby Scuito, will do a "fun little cameo" according to exec producer Shane Brennan.

If you ask me, this might be just the beginning of these types of maneuvers. Placing the two NCIS's back to back on Tuesday nights, it just makes it easier to envision story lines that would involve both teams. This is especially true because of the way it was set up in the pilot. High tech communications between Langley and L.A. are quicksilver, making use of all those monster monitors and touch screens. Abby's guest role on NCIS: L.A. could be achieved without her ever leaving her comfy lab.

By the way, in other NCIS: L.A. news, Six Feet Under's Mathew St. Patrick will be guesting on show. He's playing a former special ops operative who gets involved in a case. Whether he's a good guy or a bad guy, however, remains to be seen. Brennan hinted that St. Patrick may be back some time down the road. Brennan also confirmed the most obvious fact of all, that Chris O'Donnell's character, Callan, survived the shooting that left him bleeding on the road in the pilot. Somehow, it didn't seem likely that the series would've been picked up without the name star still alive and well and ready to carry on for 22 episodes.

sailor

New NCIS L.A. board

October 28 2009 at 8:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pak756

I love NCIS and am trying really hard to like NCIS: LA. They really need to work on the scripts. The characters are strong but the storylines aren't. I'd really like to know the background of character G. Callan. It's very mysterious, I guess it's supposed to be. I just find all the hinting annoying.

October 13 2009 at 11:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Todd

25 minutes was all I could take. I won't be watching again! This is a dud.

September 30 2009 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
rhprice

I have watched EVERY NCIS. Love the show.
I tried to like NCIS LA: Its boring.

September 29 2009 at 9:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to rhprice's comment
Todd

Right on!

September 30 2009 at 1:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steph

NCIS:LA - worst show ever!!! Chris O'Donnell should have remained dead in the pilot. I love the original NCIS. They should have just left it alone.

September 22 2009 at 10:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
amberleighx3

i totally love NCIS, that show is addicting.
i am pretty sure i am gonna at least give NCIS:L.A.
a chance, but i know its not gonna be anywhere near is
good is the first one ! but i am definately looking forward
to more NCIS. :)

August 29 2009 at 8:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Big John

This show jumped the shark a long time ago and that chick scares me. I'm still gonna watch the first show to support my man Todd, but after that - unlikely.

August 03 2009 at 12:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
purpleslog

It should have been about this new-ish real NCIS team:

August 02 2009 at 5:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amanda

Didn't anyone watch the episodes that explained the LA connection? The LA team is a special undercover division that does surveillance and deep cover ops. You can't actually be roaming around the San Diego base when you aren't supposed to be in a position for your cover to be blown.

August 02 2009 at 5:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Vincent J. Murphy

Seems like 40 is a little old to be doing the goth scientist look, though.

August 02 2009 at 4:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply