October 26, 2014

This is the commercial I hate the most right now

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 3rd 2009 12:02PM
Unlike some people, I don't mind Olive Garden at all. But I can't say the same about their current commercial. Does the mother in it seem like she's flirting with her son? The dad is out of town so she thinks this is the ideal time to take her son to Olive Garden and grill him about his girlfriend. The whole thing seems weird, from how the kid answers to the way the mother looks at him. Strange? Maaaaaaaybe!

KevinQC

It looks like he's wearing a wig!

August 06 2009 at 11:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wulfn1

wow. Someone on the TVsquad wrote an article on how much they also hate the lollipop commercial, but when you click the link, from the rss reader, it brings you back to TVsquad homepage. The article is not available anywhere on the site. Dell get mad and demand it be pulled? or does TVsquad have investment in Dell?
Very weird. Anyway, Still my most hated commercial.

Olive Garden cougar mom ad just creepy.

August 05 2009 at 8:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
izikavazo

That kids eyes are out of control.

August 04 2009 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carol S

....makes me hungry for olive garden

August 03 2009 at 9:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather

The first time I saw that commercial, I thought the mom was dating the younger man. You know. Cougar style. So I was a little freaked out when I found out he was the SON. That commerical probably were two actors unintentionally flirting when they really were trying to convey a camarderie.

August 03 2009 at 8:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

Never even occurred to me. But then, my daughter and I occasionally go out to dinner together when my husband's busy, so I wouldn't tend to think much of it.

The first commercial that comes to mind hate-wise right now is the WalMart "steak" bit. Y'know, the one where she buys steak because it's cheap, but hubby thinks he's forgotten a special occasion and she decides to just let him sweat it out.

August 03 2009 at 5:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wulfn1

waaay creepy ad ,very incestuous style behavior and being a mom with three boys, I can vouch for the fact that if you pry like that you WON'T get a straight answer, in fact the kid will clam up entirely and you will never even meet the next girl he goes out with.

but not my most hated. That title goes to the dang Dell lollipop commercial. Its hokey and absurd and the barbershop style in which they lipsink to the song just makes it that much more nerve grating.
Second "creepiest" for me is the Quiznos commercial... especially since I saw the original , and not on utube

August 03 2009 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Freak Mojo

The whole commercial is dripping with sexual innuendo. Watch it again and pay attention to the display of food (phallic breadstick display, cream dripping over meat, the triangle bread thingy). Yeah.. they went all out on that.

Plus a son is not going to sit right next to his mom at a table like that... girlfriend or not, he's going to want to appear single to mack on the waitress.

So overall... they are totally doing it after the mints.

August 03 2009 at 3:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
R-Bro

Yes! I vomit a little in my mouth every time I see this revolting commercial.

August 03 2009 at 3:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pingles

I have contacted Child Protective Services regarding his hair.

August 03 2009 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply