September 23, 2014

Survive this: Rob and Amber have a baby

by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 4th 2009 9:04AM
Rob_Amber_Mariano_CBSRomance on reality TV is rarely as real as the producers want us to think. However, at least one romance seems to be the real thing: Rob and Amber from Survivor.

They met on Survivor, thrived on The Amazing Race, flopped on their own show, but have remained a happily married couple four years after they wed. Now the game really begins for these two reality TV vets. Rob and Amber Mariano are the proud parents of newborn Lucia Rose.

Little Lucia was born July 4 in Pensacola, and chances are she's going to be raised as a Red Sox fan. Considering how difficult Survivor and The Amazing Race are, and how well Rob and Amber did on both shows, raising a kid should be a piece of cake.

According to People, mom and pop are ecstatic about their new little bundle of joy. Wicked happy, as Rob might say.

A lot of people were not fans of Rob because he played the games so ruthlessly. For me, though, he was charismatic and fun-loving. I bought into the whole shtick and when he and Amber paired off, I was rooting for them.

Will the arrival of Lucia Rose open the doors for a new reality show for the Marianos? Who knows for sure. I wouldn't be surprised. Perhaps The Real Household with Rob and Amber or Rob and Amber Plus One Not Named Kate.

Ryan Berry

I just created a fantasy league for the Amazing Race on GuessWhoWins.com and I'm trying to get people to play. Anyone interested?

September 11 2009 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy Martin

I was happy to read this news. Unlike some of you haters, I enjoyed their appearance on Survivor, felt they got ripped off on Amazing Race and even liked their reality show (I'm wondering if Rob ever succeeded in poker). So best wishes to the both of them with their new little girl.

August 04 2009 at 2:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

I am a fan of both of the Mariano's and am thrilled by their great news. They have shown themselves to be a loving couple and I believe they will be wonderful, loving parents. It's so nice to see a second reality couple (that first bachelorette) who've "made it".

I loved them on Survivor and Amazing Race and thought they played a good game on both shows.

My congrats to Rob and Amber. Welcome Lucia Rose.

August 04 2009 at 11:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Gunter

So is the Rob and Amber have a baby show on the schedule yet?Maybe they can strand them in a New York apartment with ridiculous rent,no jobs and a screaming baby.Survivor:Recession.

August 04 2009 at 10:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SadOldMan

Social Services should remove that child from the home immediately to keep it from being exposed to those two.

That would be child abuse.

August 04 2009 at 9:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to SadOldMan's comment
Karen

You really are a sad old man...

August 04 2009 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply