September 2, 2014

Big Brother 11: Live Eviction #4, HoH #5

by Jackie Schnoop, posted Aug 7th 2009 12:52AM
Russell cleans up nicely on Big Brother 11

(S11E13) After watching a man in a banana suit get evicted last week on Big Brother 11, it was a welcome sight to see Russell neatly dressed in a sport coat. But then there's Lydia. No, she wore neither a banana suit nor a sport coat. It wasn't what she was wearing at all. It was her face. For reasons known only to herself, she painted a black make-up stripe across her eyes. It was sort of raccoonish, quasi-Lone Ranger. It was just a tad odd, but Lydia isn't your normal gal next door anyway.

For a show you'd think would be jam-packed with action, there was almost a half-hour of filler material before the first live vote was cast. Okay, I know the recapping of last week is inevitable. Why, I don't know. And why so long, I haven't a clue. But it seems to be set in stone.

Then we had Russell paranoia. Michele did tell him the truth about the Chima, Natalie, and Jessie plan to backdoor Russell. However, both Russell and Michele screwed up. Russell should have taken it in confidence and not confronted Chima. Then Michele is a bad liar when put on the spot. In the end, Chima and Michele solidified their relationship, putting Russell on the outs with both of them. Backfired on Russell, eh? I so love a good brouhaha.

After that, it was all about Jordan and Jeff trying get a smooch on while Rattie Ronnie shared their room. It reminded me of the Beaver spying on Wally or something equally teenage-creepy. And, of course, Ronnie had to beg and plea for votes. His pleas obviously fell on deaf ears.

When it came time to vote, Ronnie felt the need to call out Michele as the worst human being he's ever met and how he feels sorry for her. Well, guess what, Ronnie? Michele's still in the house and you are ... not! Don't get me wrong. I'm not enamored with Michele. But Ronnie truly got under my skin while watching the show and the live feeds. What an annoying little pompous twit!

While Julie Chen informed us which houseguest won the power of coup d'etat, the household doesn't know. Jeff won and seemed incredibly gracious. "You see what's been going on here!" He can use it either this week or the next live eviction to replace nominees on the block right before the live vote goes down. He was smart not to use it this week. There was no need to use it and they knew the vote would be 4-3 for Ronnie to go home.

Finally, we have a new head of household. I said to myself, "Let's get someone new, someone different, someone not Jessie!" Lo and behold, we got Chima. She won a true/false question game based on weird phone calls the hamsters heard all night. Chima has said repeatedly this week she will put Russell on the block. Knowing that someone has the coup d'etat might change her choices a bit. Whatever. I'm not concerned. My man Jeff can change the nominations to suit my needs in the game. I'm a happy hamster. How about you?

Who will Chima nominate?
Jessie and Natalie26 (6.1%)
Jeff and Jordan39 (9.2%)
Russell and Jeff166 (39.2%)
Lydia and Kevin62 (14.6%)
Michele and Jessie17 (4.0%)
Another combination - you tell me!114 (26.9%)

Big Brother' Photos

Big Brother 8 contestants Amanda Marchant, Samantha Marchant arrive for the Lipsy party held at the Crystal clubon October 28, 2008 in London, England.

Nat Jag/FilmMagic.com

BIG BROTHER 10 Libra, a 32-year-old human resources representative from Spring, Texas, was the fifth Houseguest evicted from the house by a unanimous vote of 6 to 0. She will be the first Houseguest to be sequestered in the jury house until the final episode on Tuesday, September 16th. Airs Thursday, August 14, 2008.

CBS

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart, the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart, the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting acurrent Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart (center, pink ruffled shirt), the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. From left: Jun (Season 4), Bunky (Season 2), Jace (Season 5), Amy (Season 3), Mike Boogie (Season 7), Junelle (Season 6), Brian, Matt (Season 9), Chicken George (Season 1) and Jen (Season 8). Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart (center, pink ruffled shirt), the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. From left: Jace (Season 5), Amy (Season 3), Jen (Season 8), Chicken George (Season 1), Brian, Junelle (Season 6), Jun (Season 4), Mike Boogie (Season 7), and seated, Matt (Season 9) with Bunky (Season 2). Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 When America's Player Dan cast his vote which broke the evenly divided household, Jessie, a 22-year-old professional body builder from Rudd, Iowa, was evicted from the house by a vote of 4 to 3. Airs Thursday, August 7, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Houseguests prepare for the "In the Garden of Veto, Baby!" Power of Veto Competition during last nightÕs. Airs Wednesday, July 29, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Houseguests prepare for the "In the Garden of Veto, Baby!" Power of Veto Competition during last nightÕs. Pictured here: Memphis. Airs Wednesday, July 29, 2008.

CBS

inputstring
channel:"cbs on aol" show:"big brother" sort:mostrecent
width
400
hidetitle

persona

I really like Michelle now. She is coming into the spotlight. If I were her I would just rub in Ronnie's face how horribe he was at the game.

I think she will nominate Russell and Lydia

August 10 2009 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

I am thrilled that Rattie Ronnie is gone. I am thrilled that Jeff won the Coup d' Etat. It sucks that Chima won HOH but happy that Jeff can change her noms at will. Would love to see Jesse or Natalie gone next week/

August 07 2009 at 11:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jayr2345

I love it!!! Jeff was definently the right choice to get the new power. I was hoping he wouldn't do something dumb like win HOH cause then the power would be useless. Normally i'd be upset that Chima won HOH but it dosen't really matter cause pretty much Jeff is the HOH just without the title. I hope he really just turns the tables on the majority alliance this week and puts up Natalie and Jessie. And one other thing, what is up with these plea speeches before nominations; im loving it. Before it was all about being nice and pleading for votes but now every eviction so far one of the nominees has just put it all on the table, although i do feel bad for michele. It looked like what Ronnie said affected her.

August 07 2009 at 11:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nick

I think Chima will put up Russell and either Lydia or Michele. But there has been some talk that the fighting between Chima and Russell has been somewhat staged, although I dont know if I believe that because it seems like Chima has been gunning for Russell for quite some time now, minus those few days where a romance appeared to be blossoming. Chima, along with Natalie, can't stand Lydia, so that is the obvious choice to go up with Russell. But now Michele is most likely on their bad side as well after being the deciding vote to get rid of Ronnie. It will most likely be all swept away thanks to Jeff though, and either Natalie or Jessie will be going home.

August 07 2009 at 7:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mario

Jeff is in a tough spot.. He has said before he would have the guts to put up Jessie on the block alongside Natalie, however his fear is that Natalie would go home and Jessie would stay coming at him hard.. Now he obviously has the opportunity to do it, but he has to secure the votes.. If he put up Jessie alongside Natalie, I'm sure Jeff has Jordan and Michelle to vote out Jessie.. Then it comes down to the three other votes.. Lydia is in love with Jessie, hates Natalie, so she would vote against Jeff's wishes.. Kevin would likely follow this.. Then it comes down to Russell and he's all over Chima, Natalie, and Jessie this week so that's a wild card..

In my opinion Jeff should put up Jessie alongside Lydia.. He guarantees a vote against Jessie with Kevin.. Then all he needs are Jordan and Michelle, which you would think would vote out Jessie.. Granted Natalie would be coming after him like crazy, but the numbers would be on his side I think.. Jeff has to roll the dice and see what happens..

August 07 2009 at 6:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
laura

When i saw lydia I thought "adam ant" not blade runner.

August 07 2009 at 5:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Derek

When I saw Lydia, my first thought was "Daryl Hannah in Blade Runner". I was hoping she'd hop out of her seat, and try to scissor-strangle Ronnie between her thighs.

August 07 2009 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MarcDom7

The 30-minute recap is, dear writer, all new to those of us who don't watch the live feeds.

August 07 2009 at 3:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to MarcDom7's comment
Jackie Schnoop

Actually, the recap covers the previous show, not the feeds.

August 09 2009 at 10:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
davidm3825

I agree. I think Chima will put up Russell and Michelle but Natalie could talk her out of it to put up Lydia. But since Jeff has only 1 week left to use his power, he will take them off and put up Jessie and Natalie and Jessie will go home.

August 07 2009 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lady Olivier

This is the first Big Brother I've enjoyed in a while. Last night about killed me. I really thought that the public at large would give everyone a big screw you and give Ronnie the power, Thank you you didn't!! Jeff gettng it was awesome. Chima getting HOH that bugged me, I do not like her.
Lydia's make-up was very amusing, I screamed "Lookit!" to my sister because I thought she was trying to look like a gal named Jordan who hung out with the Sex Pistols and Adam Ant in the 70's. I was like," Pathetic attention seeker" GEEZ!I used to like Lydia but she doesn't help herself nor does she play the game well. She's the consumate victim who runs hot and cold,lately runnng cold. She knew she was safe but she was acting like a depressed martyr.

I think Chima will put up Russel and Lydia because Lydia has been safe the last few times and there's no love lost there between them. But I'm Jeff will be forced to use the Coup d tat- let's hope it's not to save Jordan!!

August 07 2009 at 12:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply