October 25, 2014

Big Brother 11: Nominations #4

by Jackie Schnoop, posted Aug 10th 2009 3:02AM
Chima is queen of the house on Big Brother 11

(S11E14) Well, the power was up for grabs in the Big Brother 11 house on Thursday, and Chima not only snagged it, but she's relishing it. I have a feeling she's not going to be happy relinquishing it when the time comes. She's Queen Bee! She's the woman with power! A woman should win this game! Unite, gals! Burn your bras; join the revolution. But will she go as far as losing Jessie as an ally? Read on.

I'm not quite sure why I label the Sunday show as the nominations post for the week. In actuality, the nominations are usually shoved into the last ten minutes of the episode. True, they're the important stuff of the evening. But Sunday shows tend to be mostly filler and the food comp luxury have-have not comp.

Tonight's filler bits:

• Rehashing the Chima/Russell brouhaha. Now, with the power in her hands, it's such a dilemma. She had screamed she wanted him out of the house. What to do? What to do? "Oh, should I nominate him for eviction?"
  • Jeff's diary room bits about the coup d'etat and how the houseguests have decided to call it the "wizard power."
  • Chima going on about how her family is full of strong women. To me, her father looked strong and quite handsome, as well. Surprisingly, they aired a segment on Chima's rape. That discussion occurred in the house during perhaps the first week. When I saw it on the live feeds, I looked up the case.
  • Jordan and Jeff had a discussion about a spider. Really, Jordan isn't as dumb as she seems on the show. She's no Rhodes Scholar, but I find her very refreshing.
  • We saw lots of speculation over who might have the "wizard power."

Jeremy Piven, $10,000, and stuffing cars

I found this whole have-have not comp bizarre. So, big-time movie actor Jeremy Piven stops by the house, chats up the houseguests as if he's really going to keep in touch with them (yeah, right), and then the houseguests "sell" cars by ramming things into two vintage station wagons. The movie industry must be hitting hard times is all I can say. The winners of the comp get to see his new movie, The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard.

The comp itself reminded me of trying to fit as many people as possible into a phone booth. Remember phone booths? You know ... where Superman changed his clothes. Maybe it's due to his exhibitionist ways that we have no more phone booths! Thanks a lot, Superman.

With the team of Jessie, Natalie, Russell, and Jordan winning this week, I won't get to see Jessie whine about the lack of food. Aw, rats. And, if Russell didn't already have a big enough target on his back, he opened the envelope to win $10,000. I thought Natalie was going to whap him one.

Then came the noms

No surprises here. Chima nominated Russell due to their issues (and toss in the fact that he's a man) and Lydia. Why Lydia? Well, Chima's worried that Lydia is going to break up her little ally group with Natalie and Jessie. Just for once, I'd like to see Natalie on the block. Although Chima is the Queen of the house, I'd like to see the pit bull get some grief. I'll be watching for the unicorn to take Jessie out of the house this week. How about you?

Will Jeff use the power?
Yes365 (80.9%)
No22 (4.9%)
Can't judge until after the PoV show Tuesday64 (14.2%)

Big Brother' Photos

Big Brother 8 contestants Amanda Marchant, Samantha Marchant arrive for the Lipsy party held at the Crystal clubon October 28, 2008 in London, England.

Nat Jag/FilmMagic.com

BIG BROTHER 10 Libra, a 32-year-old human resources representative from Spring, Texas, was the fifth Houseguest evicted from the house by a unanimous vote of 6 to 0. She will be the first Houseguest to be sequestered in the jury house until the final episode on Tuesday, September 16th. Airs Thursday, August 14, 2008.

CBS

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart, the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart, the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting acurrent Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart (center, pink ruffled shirt), the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. From left: Jun (Season 4), Bunky (Season 2), Jace (Season 5), Amy (Season 3), Mike Boogie (Season 7), Junelle (Season 6), Brian, Matt (Season 9), Chicken George (Season 1) and Jen (Season 8). Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart (center, pink ruffled shirt), the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. From left: Jace (Season 5), Amy (Season 3), Jen (Season 8), Chicken George (Season 1), Brian, Junelle (Season 6), Jun (Season 4), Mike Boogie (Season 7), and seated, Matt (Season 9) with Bunky (Season 2). Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 When America's Player Dan cast his vote which broke the evenly divided household, Jessie, a 22-year-old professional body builder from Rudd, Iowa, was evicted from the house by a vote of 4 to 3. Airs Thursday, August 7, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Houseguests prepare for the "In the Garden of Veto, Baby!" Power of Veto Competition during last nightÕs. Airs Wednesday, July 29, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Houseguests prepare for the "In the Garden of Veto, Baby!" Power of Veto Competition during last nightÕs. Pictured here: Memphis. Airs Wednesday, July 29, 2008.

CBS

inputstring
channel:"cbs on aol" show:"big brother" sort:mostrecent
width
400
hidetitle

Irene Thompson

Why are the producers letting Chima get by with giving them the finger and using so much of a fowl mouth? When they told her to put on her microphone she gave the camera the finger. It makes the show look so stupid when they let her get by with so much dirt. She is such a bad image for all black people. Take her off now before she ruins the whole program. She is a racist and a bigot. Don't let her be on the jury either. I am ashamed of all her actions.

August 15 2009 at 10:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lynnette

take chima and nat out..and go home with pride like jessie did..you jerks,,,IT IS A GAME....A GAME...CHIMA U NEED TO GO...GET SOME THERAPY

August 15 2009 at 7:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lynnette

you know what chima..jessie excepted it why cant you...get over it, it is a game..A GAME...god i want you to go so bad and to take the skank nat with you and your ugly attitude's..you thought you ruled..but guess again...a game a game...................go jeff and jordan..go skanks nat and chima

August 15 2009 at 7:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joe

I AGREE WITH MOST, THAT JEFF WILL PUT NASTY NAT AND JESS ON THE BLOCK, I THINK IT IS BETTER TO GET JESSIE OUT AS HE HAS A BETTER CHANCE OF WINNING THE HOH THEN NATALIE IS, IF NATALIE IS LEFT AND JESS GONE, SHE WILL GO NUTS ABOUT IT AND WILL BE UP NEXT WEEK AND I THINK IT WILL BE JEFF WHO WILL WIN IT ALL. BETTER PLAYER SO FAR.

August 11 2009 at 8:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

I'm simply stating the obvious. It's just as wrong to give someone else an also obvious advantage which you originally failed to mention I have nothing to be embarrassed about. No one had a say in bringing jesse back except the producers which I'm saying is different than a public vote to give Jeff the Coup d' Etat. Public votes are part of the show. Producers bringing back a player that doesn't involve an all-stars concept is not. You made a point of complaining about one and not the other.

I did very well in high school, thank you.

August 11 2009 at 11:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Joyce N.'s comment
LURCH-THE-PERCH

They're not even the same. When the producers brought Jessie back did you know who he was going to evict? Did you know what was going to happen? Did you know Ronnie and Casey and Natalie and Michele, etc? Do you know what's going to happen Thurs? Jessie is probably going to be evicted. If not him, then Natalie. Why? Because somebody who didn't win the HOH or POV was picked by the audience to pick someone he wants to evict. Tell me why you think that is a fair way to play the game. You can't. You only like it because you like Jeff and don't like Jessie. Admit it. If the shoe was on the other foot you would be singing a different tune, and you know it. Furthermore, explain how adding a random player to the game is the same as evicting a specific player from the game.

August 11 2009 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
csttar63

i have never watched this show until i saw the black chick with the big lucious d***sucking lips. WOW!!!!!!!!!

August 11 2009 at 10:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LURCH-THE-PERCH

Hi Joyce,

You're right. Giving Jessie the HOH because he was a returning player was wrong, too. Especially since the first task seemed geared for the athletes. But I don't care about him. I didn't like him last year and I don't like him this year. I don't care if he goes home this week. I don't care who wins this game. GIVING AN ULTIMATE
POWER TO SOMEONE BECAUSE OF A PHONE POLL IS WHAT I AM COMPLAINING ABOUT. I'm don't care who gets evicted. In case you missed it (and obviously you did), I would feel the same if Jeff was the HOH and
Natalie held the coup d'etat. THE RULE RUINS THE GAME. Now, go back to the high school you dropped out of and learn how to read, please.
You're embarrassing yourself.

August 11 2009 at 8:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
leftybigguns

I love how Natalie likes to walk around talking about her team. "We" are winners...blah, blah, blah. She hasn't done anything in the game except follow Jessie around. I would actually like him to go home just to see her reaction to playing without anyone to cover for her.

August 11 2009 at 1:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

Apparently, there are hero worshippers out there for Jessie, too. Where was your indignation and sense of fairplay when Jesse was brought back and GIVEN a free HOH? This would have been a totally different game without Jesse's presence.

August 10 2009 at 8:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LURCH-THE-PERCH

Thank you Michael for reminding me about Jeff's POV victory. I couldn't actually remember which is why I asked the question.

I don't think I understand why an underdog deserves a chance to control the game in the manner the coup d'etat provides. This goes way beyond making your opinion heard. Would you feel the same if Jeff was HOH and Natalie held the coup d'etat? Somehow, I doubt it. But I would. An arbitrary rule predicated on nothing but a willingness for outsiders to call and vote is unnecessary and ruins the game, especially when the ones playing the game aren't aware that outsiders are calling the shots. I know you only like this rule because your hero gets to stay for free without winning and you were afraid of losing him. But I think an objective person would see the rule for what it is and it is patently unfair. But hero-worshippers are rarely objective.

August 10 2009 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply