Big Brother 11: Nominations #4
by Jackie Schnoop, posted Aug 10th 2009 3:02AM
(S11E14) Well, the power was up for grabs in the Big Brother 11 house on Thursday, and Chima not only snagged it, but she's relishing it. I have a feeling she's not going to be happy relinquishing it when the time comes. She's Queen Bee! She's the woman with power! A woman should win this game! Unite, gals! Burn your bras; join the revolution. But will she go as far as losing Jessie as an ally? Read on.
I'm not quite sure why I label the Sunday show as the nominations post for the week. In actuality, the nominations are usually shoved into the last ten minutes of the episode. True, they're the important stuff of the evening. But Sunday shows tend to be mostly filler and the food comp luxury have-have not comp.
Tonight's filler bits:
- Rehashing the Chima/Russell brouhaha. Now, with the power in her hands, it's such a dilemma. She had screamed she wanted him out of the house. What to do? What to do? "Oh, should I nominate him for eviction?"
- Jeff's diary room bits about the coup d'etat and how the houseguests have decided to call it the "wizard power."
- Chima going on about how her family is full of strong women. To me, her father looked strong and quite handsome, as well. Surprisingly, they aired a segment on Chima's rape. That discussion occurred in the house during perhaps the first week. When I saw it on the live feeds, I looked up the case.
- Jordan and Jeff had a discussion about a spider. Really, Jordan isn't as dumb as she seems on the show. She's no Rhodes Scholar, but I find her very refreshing.
- We saw lots of speculation over who might have the "wizard power."
Jeremy Piven, $10,000, and stuffing cars
I found this whole have-have not comp bizarre. So, big-time movie actor Jeremy Piven stops by the house, chats up the houseguests as if he's really going to keep in touch with them (yeah, right), and then the houseguests "sell" cars by ramming things into two vintage station wagons. The movie industry must be hitting hard times is all I can say. The winners of the comp get to see his new movie, The Goods: Live Hard, Sell Hard.
The comp itself reminded me of trying to fit as many people as possible into a phone booth. Remember phone booths? You know ... where Superman changed his clothes. Maybe it's due to his exhibitionist ways that we have no more phone booths! Thanks a lot, Superman.
With the team of Jessie, Natalie, Russell, and Jordan winning this week, I won't get to see Jessie whine about the lack of food. Aw, rats. And, if Russell didn't already have a big enough target on his back, he opened the envelope to win $10,000. I thought Natalie was going to whap him one.
Then came the noms
No surprises here. Chima nominated Russell due to their issues (and toss in the fact that he's a man) and Lydia. Why Lydia? Well, Chima's worried that Lydia is going to break up her little ally group with Natalie and Jessie. Just for once, I'd like to see Natalie on the block. Although Chima is the Queen of the house, I'd like to see the pit bull get some grief. I'll be watching for the unicorn to take Jessie out of the house this week. How about you?
|Can't judge until after the PoV show Tuesday||64 (14.2%)|