September 16, 2014

Law and Order: CI: Revolution (season finale) - open thread

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 10th 2009 8:12AM
Jeff Goldblum

And so ends the first season of Law and Order: Criminal Intent with Jeff Goldblum as one of the stars (alternating the lead role with Vincent D'Onofrio). There are fans who love the Goldblum episodes and those that only want to see the veteran D'Onofrio in the lead. I noticed that the plots of the Goldblum/Nicholson episodes seemed to be really ambitious, but I don't think that made them better.

What grade do you give Goldblum for his first season?

Olivia t

I have always loved the Law and Order series, but I really love CI with Goren and Eames. Goren and Eames are so great together. Goldblum was good with His partner, but don't take Goren away. He has always made the show and the partner relationship with Eames has gotten better and better. She knows his character and goes along with him without missing a beat when he starts telling the victims, or the criminal a story. They should always be on. And why is Jeff getting the opener and the finale? When will it be back? Please don't take my Goren and Eames awayayay.

August 16 2009 at 1:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Audrey Fishburne

ABSOLUTELY LOVE J. GOLDBLUM. (D'ONOFRIO TOO) HOWEVER, C.I. SEEMS TO HAVE ALL THE "TALENT", GOOD WRITING, ETC. WHAT MAKES A GREAT SHOW THAT THE OTHER LAW AND ORDERS' HAD.FOR THEIR GREAT YEARS. I MISS THEM TERRIBLY. BUT WHILE THOSE 2 GREAT SHOWS HAVE PLUMMETED, C.I. HAS BEEN UTTERLY RIVETING AND REBORN. GOLDBLUM HAS BEEN A LARGE PART OF THIS RENEWAL. THANKS!
AUDREY

August 14 2009 at 6:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pascual

I saw last night that jeff goblum replaced detective Goren,,,goblum can be acceptable but the series without Goren is unacceptable period..Goren is the man and i gave the chance to Gioblum who as I said is ok but . i wouldn't watch the series without Goren ..

August 11 2009 at 1:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Holtzinger

I'd give Goldblum a B+. I was disappointed when "Raines" was canceled. Thought Goldblum had developed a very interesting character in "Raines", more so than the current character he is portraying on CI.

August 11 2009 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TV4me

I am glad I found this site. Last night when I saw the season finale pair Jeff G. with Detective Ames, I panicked. I thought they were writing Vincent D'o off of the show. Noooo, I screamed inside of my head. I love Vincent. I think he's a great actor. I don't care that he's looking a little scruffy. That happens with age. And people gain weight or the diet people would be out of business.

As for comparison, there isn't any. Vincent D'o MAKES the show.

I thought Chris Noth was fine but I do not like Jeff G's character at all. He's too goofy.

I am hoping that they really are not writing Vincent D'o off. Why did they have Jeff G and Detective Ames walking out together at the top of the show. Where was his former partner? Did I miss something?

August 11 2009 at 3:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jo Anne

I LOVE Vincent, but I must say I acquired a strong taste
for Jeff, I too feel the season was much too short, and would love to see the two actors together.

August 11 2009 at 12:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PattiD

I enjoy Vincent, but Jeffs character brings something new and refreshing. If VDO were to decide to leave, which I've been thinking he is, Jeff makes a great replacement. Erbe is a great side-kick for him. Now all USA has to do is get BETTER SCRIPTS.

August 10 2009 at 11:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ravie

While I like D'Onofrio, I have enjoyed the addition of Jeff Goldblum. I've always loved him, even in The Fly, and I was disappointed when Raines was so short-lived.

I enjoy Goldblum's quirkiness as I enjoy D'Onofrio's seriousness. What I also like are that they're both thinkers.

I wish D'Onofrio would shave though; I don't like his scruffy appearance. It makes him look like an almost homeless person. And I can't believe Goldblum is dating that young 21 year-old girl who starred in the season finale episode as Birkith Kaspers or something like that. But I still love him in CI.

August 10 2009 at 10:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
veronica gaudette

D'Onofrio all the way!

August 10 2009 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carolyn, a Jersey Girl

I'm only through 15 minutes of the show (TIVO, of course) and I had to google why Goldblum and Nicholson were together on this one. I was stunned when I saw it was the season finale. Such a short season now that it's not an NBC production.
I've followed Goldblum for years and was happy to see him join the show. I enjoy his quirky sense of humor a lot more than I ever did D'Onofrio seriousness. I kept waiting for one of D'O's head jerks to turn him into a huge bug. If not for the anchor of Nicholson I would have stopped watching CI a long time ago. I wish NBC would return it to the fold so we could get a longer season with Goldblum AND Nicholson together EVERY week.

August 10 2009 at 4:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply