September 30, 2014

And the eight America's Got Talent wild cards are...

by Isabelle Carreau, posted Aug 11th 2009 5:30PM
America's Got Talent
Last week, the Simon Cowell twist was revealed: the America's Got Talent judges overlooked very good performers and Simon wants them to bring back eight wild cards. Fans rejoiced at the announcement because fan favorites Ciana, Kari and Tallan were sent back home while they should have moved on to the performance shows.

During the first performance show, Nick told us that The Diva League and Lake Houston Dance were two of these wild cards but didn't say who else was coming on board. I kept my eyes opened for a press release from NBC but either missed it or the network never sent one. TV Squad visitor berry4040 let me know in comments that NBC posted the pictures and bios of the eight wild cards on their contestants page.

Did Ciana, Kari and Tallan make the wild card cut?

Sadly, no. Yes, you read correctly. Don't adjust your computer screen. Piers, Sharon and The Hoff decided not to bring Ciana, Kari and/or Tallan back for the wild card performances. Wrong, wrong, wrong! The same judges who told Ciana that she should start picking out houses for her family to choose from as it was pretty much a given she could win the whole thing!

Here are the acts the judges decided to bring back:

• Beale Street Flippers, flippers
  • Drew Stevyns, singer/guitarist
  • Jay Mattioli, magician
  • Lake Houston Dance, dance crew
  • SQ Entertainment, urban dance crew
  • The Diva League, drag act
  • The Lollipop girls, burlesque dance troupe
  • U4RIA, dance crew

As much as I complain about the show for having too many solo singers, I must admit that the wild card picks contain way too many dance acts! What about giving us a wider range of acts? I'm happy, though, that they decided to give another magician a chance because the judges are known for not liking magic acts a lot.

Are you satisfied with the wild card picks? Do you think any of them have a chance to win? (We already know that Lake House Dance and The Diva League won't be part of the Top 20.) I wish they would have let America decide on at least one wild card pick...

America's Got Talent' Photos

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT Judge David Hasselhoff.

NBC

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT Piers Morgan, Sharon Osbourne and David Hasselhoff.

NBC

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT Judge Piers Morgan.

NBC

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT Judge Sharon Osbourne.

NBC

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT Piers Morgan, Sharon Osbourne and David Hasselhoff.

NBC

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT Piers Morgan, Sharon Osbourne and David Hasselhoff.

NBC

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT Swinging Rat Pack.

NBC

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT Swinging Rat Pack.

NBC

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT Indiggo.

NBC

AMERICA'S GOT TALENT Shelia-Shelia Of The Jungle.

NBC

Patti

What about the women who the cruise ship wouldn't even let audition and the judges told her the cruise ship couldn't afford her. They also gave her a standing ovation. She was great!!!!

August 20 2009 at 12:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
aca

I am sorry to say that we only tune in to see Lawrence Beamen....now he has talent!!! The three little girls and that girl Bree chopped the songs they sang.....if i were the writers of those songs I would take legal action...jk

August 20 2009 at 12:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elana

the show officially sucks. I hope kari and ciana are found by talent scouts and make it big. the judges are pathetic that they put through a guy who chews on lightbulbs. Also the harp player singer was good too but no, they put through a yodeling domanatrix, a bunch of lame drag queens, and a 65 year old hip hop dancer, not to mention tone deaf polish triplets.

August 17 2009 at 11:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Russell-63

How could you pick the dog over the singer? And then leave out Ciana, Kari and Tallan. By the way, the dog almost fell down the stage and missed a couple of frisbees.

August 17 2009 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
katie

After the very unfair results of this seasons show, I am not going to bother watching it anymore this season or next year. AGT needs to get some real judges, instead of the idiots they have now. It is not fair to the contestants who are truely talented and seriously enter the competition, and then to be treated so unfairly by the producers and the judges. From now on, I will find something else to watch during the AGT time slot.

August 13 2009 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
betsey beale

what a debacle!!!!i love dogs but after the big H had told the great singer how good he was -how could he vote for little rory-simon was right-it is a scandal and i hope he will help in getting this talented man help in furthering his career-rory would be a great circus act but not for a long vegas act-,my jaw dropped at the result-betsey

August 12 2009 at 10:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry Grove

If Tallan and Kari didn't get picked as a wild card, what about the little 8 year-old Hawaiian girl with the beautiful singing voice. How does people know which wild cards has already been picked, and does anyone know who the remaining wild cards are?

August 12 2009 at 10:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Larry Grove's comment
Isabelle Carreau

Hello!

If you reread my post again, you'll know who the eight wild cards are. And the cute Hawaiian girl you are talking about is Ciana and she wasn't picked as a wild card. We know who the wild cards are already because NBC posted bios of the wild cards on their website.

August 13 2009 at 3:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
peggykeith

I am very upset. There were only a few good acts tonight. Who was helping the contestants rehearse? They ruined some of the raw talent that we first saw on the show. How can you NOT bring back Ciana and Kari?
This is very dissapointing.

August 12 2009 at 12:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Linda Mowers

It was with great anticipation that I waited for this years season to begin. After a few episodes I was totally in awe of some of the talent. I have voted each and every year and followed BGT in any form of news I could get. After the trip to Las Vegas and the immediate dismissal of the best talents I have not bothered to even turn the show on. I am so very disappointed. They have simply gone to hell this year. How could I be so wrong? Perhaps it is not me!!

August 12 2009 at 12:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply