September 16, 2014

Show I'm not going to watch: FOX's super-duper Octomom extravaganza

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 11th 2009 8:04AM
OctomomCall me naive, but I honestly thought that we had seen the last of Octomom and her family, at least until that reality show debuted. But no!

FOX is going to air a two-hour special on August 19 titled Everybody Loves Octomom. Well, no. It's actually called Octomom: The Incredible Unseen Footage. I don't know what could be "incredible" about the footage, unless it's footage of the actual birth of her kids, but I do know it's a show I have no intention of watching (not even in an "ironic" way).

Is the Octomom officially calling herself that now? I'm not sure when the name first came about, but I thought it was created as a joke. I'm wondering if she'll trademark the name at some point.

It really doesn't matter what happens to be on August 19 at the same time. Whatever it is, I'll be watching it. Hopefully, this special is all we're going to see from Nadya Suleman and plans for a longer reality series have been scrapped.

Ema

I've been looking for comments on "octomom"s 2 yr old slapping her in the face and calling her a bitch during his timeout. Is this normal?

August 29 2009 at 8:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david

well if you arent going to watch the show and are so tired of hearing about the lady doesnt it make more sense to just shut up and not make a post that (inadvertently or not) promotes the show.

August 11 2009 at 12:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deezul

It would be nice of some poor little cable outlet just puts up some junk, with a title "Watch us so you don't have to watch THAT woman." Or just go black and call it, "Read a book for two hours but leave us on to light your room."

August 11 2009 at 9:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wulfn1

I'll be sitting there not watching it right beside ya.(there's gotta be something better on ,... "mystery rocks of the Himalayas"?, "the glory of watching paint dry in antebellum south"? something!!!)

August 11 2009 at 9:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

Yes, she applied for a trademark back in April.

August 11 2009 at 8:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Galley's comment
Brian

In my personal opinion, I think the US Patent and Trademark Office should have rejected the application with this letter:

"Dear Miss Suleman,
We regret to inform you that your application for a trademark on the name 'Octomom' has been rejected by the United States Patent & Trademark Office. The reason behind the rejection is that the USPTO, despite bowing to pressure in the past, has a policy to not "feed the reality machine". We here at the USPTO are of the opinion that you will probably drop into obscurity in 18 months and will have some or all of your children's custody relinquished to the state or your mother.

In closing, we here at the USPTO would like to say 'Get help, nutso.'

Sincerely,
Frank Dronck
Public Relations
United States Patent and Trademark Office"

Of course, this is a dramatization.

August 11 2009 at 9:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply