July 24, 2014

Stewie Griffin? Gay

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 13th 2009 4:25PM
StewieWell, it's official: Family Guy's little mastermind is gay.

There have been lots and lots of hints about Stewie Griffin, but in an interview with Playboy (I read it for the articles - and also the pictures of naked women), creator Seth MacFarlane reveals that yup, the little one is gay. In fact, they had an episode written where Stewie comes out after a problem at school, but decided not to go any further because it's "better to keep it vague."

In other Family Guy news for this season, Lois finds out she's Jewish, and Rush Limbaugh and Karl Rove will make guest voice appearances on the show.

short quotes

I gone through the story,its better to keep it vague.Its often happens like gay in the same way,but same time one mist consider the problems and frustration too.
it

September 15 2009 at 1:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
K48JG69C

Personally, the evil genius Stewie was portrayed as in the earlier Family Guy seasons irritated me. I find the little quips about his homosexuality hilarious, like when he tries to suggest things to Brian and dresses like a girl. I think the 'gay English baby' thing is much more original. I'm glad the epsiode Queer Is Stewie? (the one where he comes out) wasn't aired because it would mean the gay jokes about him in the episodes after it wouldn't be funny - just predictable and kind of boring. I love gay Stewie.

August 17 2009 at 1:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chet

Disappointing. He's more interesting as a pansexual, willing to do anything to further his goals.

August 15 2009 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Chet's comment
Chet

And also, isn't announcing that one of your characters is gay exactly the sort of thing that Family Guy should be lampooning, not doing?

August 15 2009 at 7:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bubbameister33

I liked evil genius Stewie better.

August 13 2009 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Bubbameister33's comment
Rachel

Gays can be evil geniuses too...

August 21 2009 at 12:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hubris

What better way to "keep it vague" than announce it in an interview?

August 13 2009 at 4:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to hubris's comment
jim

He means keeping it vague within the confines of the show. Coming out in the show would make it less funny for the other characters to speculate.

I think it's been obvious to the audience that he's gay as a character for a long time.

"Oh is that what gay is? Yeah, I could totally get into that!"

August 13 2009 at 6:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply