October 30, 2014

Hope you enjoyed that Reno 911 series finale in July

by Jason Hughes, posted Aug 14th 2009 1:30AM
Reno 911
In the Twitter era, where else would we get the news that Comedy Central has canceled the long-running Reno 911 after six seasons. Lt. Jim Dangle (Thomas Lennon) tweeted that "Reno 911 was canceled at 1:30 pm today," and even more tragically that he "won't be wearing the shorts again." Never say never, Lennon, there's always conventions.

That means, though, that the July 8th episode was the series finale. By any standards, 88 episodes is a good run for a series, but it's always a little disappointing when a long-running show like Reno 911 gets canceled between seasons. It means that the creators will never get a chance to write an "ending" for their series.

While Reno 911 was fresh and exciting when it first started, I kind of got bored with what it was doing after awhile. I'm not saying it was a bad show, because it was groundbreaking in so many ways with the mockumentary presentation and extensive ad-libbing by the brilliantly talented cast.

What will you miss most in a world without the Reno Sheriff's Department to protect and serve?

hoggballs

This was one of the funniest reality shows on tv. Better and truer than 'cops'. Great improv. Good Luck to all involved.

October 22 2009 at 7:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SaveReno911

Fans of Reno 911 lend your voice to the cause of bringing the show back!

Millions of fans all over the globe have their Lt. Dangle shorts in a bunch after the news that Comedy Central is canceling Reno 911. Please sign the petition below by entering your email and please add your comments or share your favorite Reno 911 moments in the comments box. We will eventually pass on this petition to Comedy Central so please spread the word and help us bring back Reno 911. You can also lend your voice to the cause via Twitter or on Facebook.

August 20 2009 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gary

my favorite show - who are the dumb asses that made this decision - they must be against healthcare reform too - that cast is brilliant - all of 'em - love the supporting cast too - terry - big mike - spanish mike - the trailer trash - cant even say i had a favorite - i use this show as a test - people who dont like reno are a-holes - like people who dont like dogs - same thing -

August 15 2009 at 10:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Medical Mogul

As with most shows that end or are cancelled abruptly, I suspect we may see a second movie to tie-up any "loose ends", or just for the sake of a fitting farewell for the fans. I agree with a previous poster that it was an enjoyable show, but one that I didn't have at the top of my must-see list. All the same, it will be missed. Here's hoping for another trip to the bigscreen though. ;-)

August 15 2009 at 3:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rickinator

YAY! One retarded show I won't have to see on anymore. Make way for something better. A few more should go, like the Kardashians. Seriously, who the f**k are these people...and who cares? Funny how half the posts are against the show...and they're whited out so they can hardly be read.

August 15 2009 at 2:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Megan

Good I though that show sucked

August 15 2009 at 1:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bugsmom

THANK GOD!!!!!!!!!

August 15 2009 at 1:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sehaggin

Maybe now they'll get "The State" back together

August 15 2009 at 1:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
my Lord

I've always liked the show and canceling mid season is wrong. let them finish it out at least. I think a cross over with the Canadian show, Trailerpark Boys, would have been great. That's just my kind of humor.

August 15 2009 at 12:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
atragon

TV needs an enema. The commercial is the new program. They even run ads over the screen during the program. Time for the FCC to step in.

August 15 2009 at 12:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply