September 30, 2014

Durham County looks weird, interesting

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 17th 2009 5:26PM
I'll have to admit that I've probably watched a total of four minutes of the ION network. But the previews for their new mystery drama Durham County make me say "hey, I'm gonna check this out." It's a Canadian drama about a detective and his family who move to a new town and encounter weird things, including secrets, women vanishing, hockey player fights, secrets, weird weather, and secrets.

It's a six-episode series and it starts September 7 at 10PM.

jj

oh ya, I live in Toronto, just done season 2 .... please go check out this show .... I think good rating will generate another season.

AWESOME SHOW !!

August 18 2009 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
HKCCRCLC

Definitely full of secrets, excellent drama, superb acting. I disagree with the comments about Season 2, which brings in the fabulous actress Michelle Forbes and is just as good and creepy. The show is addictive.

August 18 2009 at 9:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rex from Ars

"what is ION?"

Some weird cable channel that I don't get. I found this show the old fashioned way... on the Internet!

August 18 2009 at 1:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Rex from Ars's comment
Bas

You might get it on free tv - I get ION on regular tv since the digital switch; no cable required.

August 18 2009 at 11:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

I agree that season 1 is better than season 2 so far. But its worth checking out.

August 17 2009 at 9:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Werner

what is ION?

August 17 2009 at 7:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Gordon Werner's comment
CParis

I think ION used to be PAX.

August 18 2009 at 9:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
litehousebeacon

I'll have to look into this.

August 17 2009 at 6:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
edgore

But, does it have any secrets in it? I am not interested unless it does.

August 17 2009 at 6:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rex from Ars

Yep, it's a good show (although season 2 isn't as good as the first).

August 17 2009 at 6:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David

Fantastic show. We're just wrappin' up season 2 up in Canada. Yeah, that's right. We saw it first.

Six eps per season. It's no Stargate (hehe) but it's terrific.

August 17 2009 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joy

I'm all over this, if only for the Hugh Dillon. But it does look kinda creepy.

August 17 2009 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply