Now Paula Abdul might want to come back to Idol

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 17th 2009 12:09PM
AbdulIf this is true (and it's still in the rumor stage), it's not a big shock: Paula Abdul is thinking about coming back to American Idol.

TMZ is reporting that Abdul is seriously considering coming back to the show she recently left because they didn't offer her enough money. They're also reporting that Abdul is ticked because the show is giving Victoria Beckham $275,000 an episode for her guest judge stint.

Of course, there's also the possibility that everything in the whole Paula-Abdul-leaves-Idol story is just a ploy by the producers and the network to get some more interest in the show. It's still a ratings powerhouse, but there have been definite signs of a slight chink in the armor the past season or so and a little publicity couldn't hurt. If Abdul goes to another show that wouldn't surprise me at all. It also wouldn't surprise me if she made a "surprise" return to Idol.

She might not do Ugly Betty after all though. She's reportedly angry that the show leaked that she was negotiating with them.

Diane

I don't care if it's a ploy or not, I just want Paula on the show. It wouldn't be the same without her!

August 19 2009 at 10:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
carol

I like Paula better than the new girl. The new one is egotistical, snotty and has no chemistry with us or the other judges. Bring Paul back. She's a sweetheart and we like her.

August 17 2009 at 10:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pingles

Also a great negotiating tool for the show. Don't like your pay? Okay, GOODBYE!

I hope she comes back. I already miss that crazy lady.

August 17 2009 at 2:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kate

That's funny. That thought had crossed my mind, re: it being a publicity stunt. Hmmm... I don't really watch Idol, but it still seemed odd to think of it without her, if that makes any sense.

August 17 2009 at 2:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tiggerboy0301

British viewers would have seen all this before when Simon Cowell got rid of two of his judges in The X-Factor and then brought them back. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6229690.stm

August 17 2009 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Sorry, babe, the offer is no longer on the table.

You may now return to obscurity.

Do yourself a favor, though, and stay off the pain meds.

August 17 2009 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply