August 2, 2014

What are the six most annoying words on TV this summer?

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 17th 2009 8:36PM
I think we can all agree that the worst thing on TV this summer can be summed up in six words: It's gonna be a Subaru summer! God, I hate those commercials. I wanted to post one of them here but I can't find it anywhere online. I guess even people on YouTube can't bring themselves to post one of them, that's how bad they are.

I did find this though. It's a Subaru commercial from 1992. You can probably guess who that guy is. The character he plays on TV today acts a lot like this, though now he talks more about physics than punk rock.

Chris

I've never even seen one of those Subaru commercials, but if you're looking the six most annoying words from commercials they are (if you count the contraction): "There's an app for that." God I hate those iPhone commercials!

August 18 2009 at 3:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

I think the six most annoying words I've heard this summer are "french toast, french maid, french kiss" from those stupid-ass Hardees commercials.

August 18 2009 at 10:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Si

I usually hate car ads, but hearing "Cash for Clunkers" every commercial break is driving me insane.

August 18 2009 at 3:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tingrin87

the "drinkability" ad spots aren't annoying?

August 17 2009 at 11:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Guess Who

This summer? I'd pay real hard earned money NEVER to hear:

"In this economy" and "too much, too soon" ever again. Every two minutes I hear some talking head on TV, or some commercial or random web article spout those lines.

If everyone must parrot each other, let it be from the world of sitcoms because they are, legend...wait for it...dary. Awesome. Any classic one-liner from any 70's or 80's sitcom is welcome.

August 17 2009 at 11:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian Vermette

No way, consider summer is almost over, the six most annoying words this winter is going to be: "It's gonna be a Subaru winter!"

August 17 2009 at 11:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply