August 21, 2014

Felicia Day ... the next American Idol?

by Brad Trechak, posted Aug 18th 2009 10:05AM
Felicia DayFelicia Day has already proven herself a terrific singer through her role on Dr. Horrible's Sing-a-long Blog. Now she's extending her talent resumé via her own project, The Guild, by having the cast of that show appear in a pop video for a song called "Do You Want To Date My Avatar?"; she's also the lead singer. Ms. Day may very well be the next Kylie Minogue.

It's rare for a U.S. production to release a music single in conjunction with a show, however Felicia herself created this show and if she wants to use it to launch her singing career, then more power to her. Why do I envision this group doing a live concert at the next San Diego Comic Con?

How soon before Ms. Day is the star of her own television drama or comedy? Nerd boys: she's hot, she sings and she plays MMORPGs. Admit that you want her. Video is after the jump.

btarlinian

I have to agree with folks that while she isn't a terrible singer, she probably isn't good enough to make a career of singing.

I certainly would love to see her as a main member of the cast on a good TV show. She certainly has proven her worth with all the guest appearances she's had. (And nerd boys definitely want her. I mean she majored in math and violin performance, how much more awesome can you get?)

August 18 2009 at 1:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott K.

I don't think her intent is to start a singing career as much as it is to hype The Guild. Of course, the idea of her singing at ComiCon is kinda cool.

I would love to see her be more successful in mainstream (ie: better paying) gigs.

Though I am long past my MMORPG days (no time), I will admit I think she's hot.

August 18 2009 at 12:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

I agree. I doubt that she's planning on launching a signing career. This is just a promo for The Guild Season 3.

August 18 2009 at 12:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
driftwood

I think she's a good singer, but I thought in all the interviews concerning the dr. horrible stuff, she said she had no real interest in a singing career.

August 18 2009 at 11:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deezul

Not impressed with the singing at all. She'd win some local singing contests. But AI? Not so much.

August 18 2009 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
adriiiii

I have too agree with samuel. She is great but not in the singing area. she can sing because she has a sweet voice and she stays on tune, but that's it. No frillies.

August 18 2009 at 11:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply