December 19, 2014

Patricia Heaton: good actress, bad at math

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 18th 2009 2:25PM
Math was my worst subject in school, by far, but I still think I would have gotten this question that Patricia Heaton got on Who Wants To Be A Millionaire last night. This is something that Debra would dump on Raymond about.

MCW

Video gone.

August 18 2009 at 10:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Takayo

The title of this vid cracks me up. "staggering ass?"

August 18 2009 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matt

It's not harder than anyone thinks. At $1.50 each, five euros is $7.50. A roll of quarters is 40 quarters for $10, so 30 quarters is $7.50.

If you've rolled coins more than once in your life, like all of us smart people here in real middle America have, this should have been trivial.

August 18 2009 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

On first glance, it was harder than I thought -- converting $7.50 into different denominations of coins -- but it's much easier if you work from the answers backward, e.g. eliminate ninety pennies ($0.90), seventy nickels ($5.00) and fifty dimes (also $5.00).

I wouldn't give her too much of a hard time over this one.

August 18 2009 at 5:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Patricia Taylor

Patti Heaton is no bimbo. she is a doll! (I am alful at math too) Just need some time to figure it out.

August 18 2009 at 3:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Patricia Taylor's comment
gary klein

You're not too good at spelling either. Doesn't speak well for the smarts of the right wing, of which ms. Heaton is an outspoken member

August 18 2009 at 7:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Frank

Really?
I think it's kind of tough without pencil and paper, if you do it the actual calculation way. I'm sure I couldn't have provided an answer in 30 sec, like her husband.

(Eliminating choices makes it alot easier, but if you're fixated on that math, $1.50 x 5, divided by 30, 50, 70 or 90, it's pretty tough.)

August 18 2009 at 3:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Gunter

I saw this last night.what a way to come across as a bimbo which is too bad since I doubt she really is one.Hope she has someone with her when it comes to contract negotiations.

August 18 2009 at 2:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply