September 18, 2014

The Time Traveler's Wife to be a series

by Brad Trechak, posted Aug 18th 2009 11:09AM
The Time Traveler's WifeThe movie did so well, that now Audrey Niffenegger's novel The Time Traveler's Wife will be adapted into a series by ABC. No word yet on casting. I haven't seen the movie but have read the book and given the ending of the book (which I won't spoil for those who haven't seen the movie or read the book), I don't see how a sequel series is possible.

Most likely, it will be a remake and not a sequel, but that could be confusing for the audience as well. Perhaps they should keep the title and have it be a complete different couple?

Seriously, how can they do this successfully as a series? Will it be something like Quantum Leap except rather than trying to change history Henry DeTamble is just trying to get home before Claire's pot roast gets cold?

While I think it was a good concept for a movie, I don't see this working as a television series. It will be just another Mr. and Mrs. Smith television series and will be gone before we know it.

ella.ollivander

Why is this a good idea? Wasn't the movie pretty much universally panned by critics?

October 10 2009 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
en

Should be Clare not Claire

August 18 2009 at 6:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

I do NOT see how this would work as an effing TV series. Period. What are they, nuts?

August 18 2009 at 6:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Europa

Oh good grief, Charlie Brown. :-/

August 18 2009 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin

I was gonna say the same thing about Journeyman ... that show was good!

August 18 2009 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PB

Read the book, but haven't seen the movie. I just can't imagine it would be as good. Maybe the TV series would be about Alba ...

August 18 2009 at 12:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The Televixen

Wasn't this already a series - called Journeyman?

I'd rather see Journeyman come back than see The Time Traveler's Wife become a series.

August 18 2009 at 11:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to The Televixen's comment
Gig

That's the ticket. Take Journyman and rename it "The Time Traveler's Wife."

August 18 2009 at 12:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pamangel49

Yes, I completely agree!!! How can they act like this is such a great new idea!! I really liked Journeyman!!! Bring it back!!!

August 18 2009 at 7:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mdk

Been there, done that, it was called Journeyman... ABC cancelled it after one season. It was actually a good show, this Time Traveler's Wife show will probably blow.

August 18 2009 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to mdk's comment
Sara

Journeyman was on NBC. And was lead-in on Monday nights by the craptastic second season of Heroes. It was well written and acted with tons of potential... it didn't stand a chance.

August 18 2009 at 3:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply