July 31, 2014

Sneak Peek: the third season of Californication

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 19th 2009 8:05AM
Is Hank Moody a likable character? From the scenes I've seen of Californication, he seems like one of these drinking/smoking/sex-addicted/wise-ass guys you see a lot of, but there's also a smattering of a****le in there, too, and it seems like he crosses from anti-hero to kind of a dick. Maybe I'm wrong, though I hate anyone who uses the word "cashish." The last line in the season three promo below is pretty funny, though.

The new season debuts September 27.

mindpollution

I just really want to see chuck bass get his ass kicked in the new season. that guy doesn't deserve to even get a cameo in a show like Californiacation.
wanker.
and yes. I think part of the appeal of the character is that he has many faults, but thats what makes him relatable. and in a way, charming.

September 09 2009 at 3:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

I don't know that Hank Moody is all that likeable. But I know I enjoy watching Duchovny play him.

The show's pretty funny. And hot women, naked, never gets old for me.

August 19 2009 at 1:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

I feel uncomfortable saying this, but Mr. Duchovny looks sharper and younger than ever.

He reminds me alot like Michael Chiklis, in that he spent his 90's playing quieter, and less cool, characters; but is now spending their latter years playing hipper (or in Chiklis case, meaner) characters.

August 19 2009 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xnifex

i can't wait. this show is awesome. & yes, hank is a very a likable character.... to me anyway...

August 19 2009 at 9:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MaryG90

I can't wait to see it!

August 19 2009 at 8:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dray

It's very funny that you question Hank's likeabilty because I think that's the show's most defining quality. You have a non-writing writer thats surrounded by booze, drugs, sex and Warren Zevon, and the uniting theme through all of them is Mr. Moody's charisma and charm. It works well because he knows all of his vices but still can't seem to rid himself of them.

August 19 2009 at 8:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply