September 19, 2014

TNT's giving us more Leverage

by Allison Waldman, posted Aug 19th 2009 11:26AM
Nate_Leverage
While this off-network summer season has reached a fevered pitch after last with the return of Mad Men, not to be overlooked is that other cable shows have also been delivering the goods. Shows like Burn Notice and Leverage, for instance. Regarding Leverage, there's good news to report. TNT will air two extra Leverage episodes in the weeks ahead.

On September 2 and September 9, TNT will run the episodes entitled "The Iceman Cometh" and "The Lost Heir Job", with Jeri Ryan popping up in that final show as a con artist who temporarily joins Nate's crew.

Leverage has had an especially good sophomore season. I was concerned about how they would re-form the team after Nate bailed out last season and the blew up the office. In some ways, destroying the fancy office set was liberating. Nate, Hardison, Sophie, Parker and Eliot seem more interesting and formidable on the loose.

Case in point, "The Order 23 Job" was a real throwback to Mission: Impossible (the TV series with Martin Landau and Peter Graves, not the crappy movies with Tom Cruise). It wasn't just the faking of a hospital crisis, I liked the subplot with Eliot and the kid who was being abused by his step-father. The character tends to wear his heart on his sleeve at times, but a little emotion is important in a show that's as playful and fun as this.

Leverage is good stuff, so two more episodes this summer makes me smile.

hugeliver

It IS a great show!
Any bets on how soon it will be cancelled because it is a great show??

August 26 2009 at 10:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jennifer

I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love this show! I originally started watching because of Christian Kane, and I fell in love with the show and everyone else after 5 seconds! This is the only show that my husband and I agree on. Every week it just gets better and better. There has not been a "less then stellar" episode yet this season. VERY happy about the additional 2 summer episodes! I just don't know if I can make it until January to see the rest.

August 21 2009 at 1:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chip Douglas

This is my second favorite summer show. I think the show is well written and plenty of fun action. I wish they would go a little more into Nate's back story as well as the other characters. But still one of the best ones on television.

August 19 2009 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MAKB

Awesome news. LOVE THIS SHOW - makes me look forward to Wednesday nights. The ep a few weeks ago where they had to infiltrate a kid's school and put on a science musical ('Sciensical') was hilarious. Thanks TNT for this quirky gem.

August 19 2009 at 3:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lorie

Great news!

August 19 2009 at 12:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JWB

Leverage is a fun summer show but it's a total rip off of BBC's Hustle. They should just call it Hustle America.

August 19 2009 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to JWB's comment
Rhett F

BBC's Hustle is a bit more sophisticated than Leverage. Sure in Hustle they do the robin hood thing but Leverage reminds me more of Burn Notice in the way it has a weekly 'client'

August 19 2009 at 12:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sue

I whoe heartedly agree. It's a wonder the 'Brits' don't sue
for it is a form of plagerism. Characters are almost the same and the story line's are more or less the same.

September 04 2009 at 2:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
xnifex

I just watched this show over the weekend. (yay streaming to the 360 with netflix)

Awesome show. can't believe i waited this long to watch. yay for more eps.

August 19 2009 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply