July 24, 2014

House ain't crazy - he's got snakes on a cane

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Aug 20th 2009 2:21PM

House - Snakes on a Cane
For those of you who can't wait for the two-hour season premiere of House on Monday, September 21st, FOX is making it easy for you - especially if you can't count. SnakesOnACane.com provides a handy little countdown clock and also features a nifty little picture of our favorite curmudgeon doing his best Superman impression. Plus, you gotta love the play on words and the twist (no pun intended) on the Rod of Asclepius.

However, what's most intriguing about the whole thing is the little blue Post-It note.

"I was deluded into thinking I might be crazy."

What the hell does that mean? Is that supposed to be some cryptic hint that House isn't crazy? That he shouldn't have been admitted to a psychiatric hospital in the season finale? Could it be possible that someone did something to him or gave him something to make him hallucinate those visions of Amber and Kutner and his "romance" with Cuddy? Am I crazy for speculating about this so much?

terri

Where can I get a cane and a shirt like that?? I do use I can and I am in my early 50's so please let me know. Love the show!!!!!!! rEALLY i WANT THE SHIRT AND CANE, TELL ME HOW TO GET IT . tHANKS

August 28 2009 at 1:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to terri's comment
tshirtoutlet

As of today the only place you can get this t-shirt (the legal version) is at http://www.tshirtoutlet.com/housemdtshirts.html

I know this because my company has the House M.D. apparel license and I manage it. I only just received approval. You can email me if you have questions. Cheers!

November 12 2009 at 5:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matthew

Check out this site for a Snakes on a Cane t-shirt

Other house merchandise is located at www.zazzle.com/mwinter75 ENJOY!!

August 21 2009 at 9:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Matthew

Check out www.zazzle.com/mwinter75 for great House merchandise, including items with the Snakes on a Cane logo

August 20 2009 at 10:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Suetu

This post is very illuminating for me...

Clearly, FOX is doing some viral marketing. That snakes on a cane symbol has started to appear--spray painted in blue--on sidewalks all over San Francisco. It was driving me crazy!

August 20 2009 at 7:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Heather

Maybe House was just deluded by society into thinking he was crazy. Too much pressure? OR Wilson is actually a very evil human being who's been inducing House's pain/hallucinations to get rid of House. Don't think there's too much in the post-it.

August 20 2009 at 4:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gudlyf

I got one of these shirts in the mail a week ago. What was so awesome about it (other than, you know, it's awesome) was that it came with no explanation as to what show it was for or what network. Just the shirt. Of course, it's pretty obvious for someone who knows the show.

August 20 2009 at 3:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marko

The symbol on the shirt is actually the caduceus. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Caduceus

August 20 2009 at 2:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to marko's comment
rob

Actually, it is not the caduceus. The caduceus has a nob where the cane turn is in this picture. So it really is snakes on a cane derived from the caduceus.

August 20 2009 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply