July 28, 2014

What You Missed Last Night: FOX News hosts are the new liberals

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 20th 2009 1:29PM
While I don't agree that most people get their news from The Daily Show or that it's more important than the news, I think it is must see TV because it's usually going to show you something in a way you've never seen before, and it will change the way that you watch news (whether it's FOX News or MSNBC, it doesn't matter). That's a good thing.

Like last night's summary of how one network is presenting news of town hall confrontations and how they compare to what has happened in the past.

The Daily Show With Jon Stewart Mon - Thurs 11p / 10c
Fox News: The New Liberals
www.thedailyshow.com

lylekira

My only comment is that why just call out Fox News... how about Nancy Pelosi calling protesters "unAmerican" although when anti-war protesters war yelling at Bush, she called them "disruptors" and she liked disruptors. The hypocrisy of it all is absurd, but like most ideologs only see and report what they want. I guess the same goes here. Yawn!

August 20 2009 at 7:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to lylekira's comment
Monkeydog

The point of the Daily Show, and it has always been the point of the Daily Show, is to ridicule the news. Certainly they dabble in politics a lot, but that's not their primary goal. Not to mention, if you watch the Daily Show, Stewart does usually ridicule Pelosi, Obama, and especially the liberal news sources. It's just whatever is going to get more laughs. It's a comedy show, not a news show, they're not really reporting anything.
Plus, despite Pelosi being in the position she is in, what do you think people listen to more? Her or Fox News?

August 21 2009 at 5:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
svrkevi

Fox News Lies...We Know...They Know It...But It Makes Them A lot Of Money...SO I Don't Think They Really Care

August 20 2009 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

It sucks that we're so PC about "both sides" of everything that you can't make a general post like this without conservatives getting up in arms about it. Giving equal time and posts to every single side of every issue would be boring and ridiculous. This is just entertaining.

August 20 2009 at 3:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

Arclight: Don't think I had a post about Rachael Ray. Are you talking about the Sandra Lee/Anthony Bourdain post? The reason why your comment was deleted was because your political comments didn't have anything to do with a post about two celebrity cooks.

As for this post, I didn't post to push an agenda. I just like seeing people called out for inconsistency (whether liberal or conservative or even Klingon, whatever party affiliations they have). In fact, I have one going up later today about CNN.

August 20 2009 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Arclight

You know Bob, you like to do these political posts and then get really offended and delete responders opinions that disagree with you.

I had a post deleted the other day when I suggested you favoring Rachel Ray over Antony Bourdain, was the same as voting for Obama, and apparently voicing that opinion was enough to get my post deleted. Not just the thing you do where you make the post pale and hard to read but actually deleted.

Are conservatives allowed free speech here too?

You seem to have no problem taking swipes at us but have no sense of humor when we use our wit.

August 20 2009 at 2:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Arclight's comment
scott

FYI - other readers made the post pale by voting it up or down, not the columnists.

August 20 2009 at 2:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply