September 21, 2014

Why can't Eva Longoria Parker get her own damn Heineken?

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 20th 2009 1:02PM
Eva Longoria ParkerLook, I think that Eva Longoria Parker is hot just like every other guy, but I think she's completely out of line in the new Heineken ad (after the jump).

Two guys get an upgrade to courtside seats, and when they sit down, they're given two Heineken Light beers by the server. Immediately, Longoria Parker, sitting next to them, asks if she can have one of the beers.

At first, I thought she was asking for them to pass down one of the beers because the server was still there and they could just grab another. But the server isn't there anymore; she left. So she's asking for one of the guys' beers, because, you know, she's Eva Longoria Parker and she's hot and stuff.

Guys, hold your ground and keep your brews. Eva? Get your own bottle.

RyoGTO

Get your own beer. This commercial has so many flaws. If she asks for the beer after the waitress already leaves, she's asking for THEIR beer, wtf? Get your own. Who does she think she is? Awful, just awful. If she wasn't asking for THEIR beer than the editing is even more awful because it cuts to that right after it shows the waitress walk off screen in the opposite direction, and she has no direction in her pointy finger. Don't point at people Eva, it's not polite.

November 17 2009 at 7:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WM.CLARK DREW II

I AGREE WITH EVA HATER,EVA LONGORIA-PARKER NEEDS TO JUST GO AWAY.SHE'S NOTHING BUT A HIGHLY OVERATED ACTRESS WHO WEARS FUR COATS AND HATES CATS..GUESS WHAT EVA,WE HATE YOU,I WISH THAT TONY WOULD FILE FOR DIVORCE AND HOOK UP WITH A REAL WOMAN,SOMEBODY WHO LOVES ANIMALS AND IS ANTI FUR,EVA LONGORIA-PARKER SUCKS!!

October 02 2009 at 11:59 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robert Norwood

I agree, it sets a bad standard for women expecting things. I'd call the waitress back but that's it. You snooze girl, you lose, don't expect to get mine because you're a girl, and anyway, wasn't she with someone? Send that putz for a beer.

October 01 2009 at 9:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WM.CLARK DREW II

GET YOUR OWN EVA!!!!!!

September 14 2009 at 11:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CKlann

I've got so many problems with this commercial, I don't know where to begin (and I don't care if anyone thinks I'm nitpicking):

1) These must be the most laid-back bozos in the history of fandom and/or beer-drinking. Even Gandhi would be a LITTLE annoyed that some doufus spilled a drink all over his seat at a game.

2) No usher in the nosebleed section -- heck, in the whole stadium -- has the authority to give courtside seats to whoever he wants. And he wouldn't be motivated to do so by two ultra-cool fans. Now, if they had flashed some green...

3) Why are these guys brought Heineken the moment they sit down? Do the tickets for those seats say, "seat and complementary Heineken?"

4) And, naturally, the Eva Dilemma. Why does she think she's entitled to a Heineken? The waitress has clearly left already. Does she expect these guys to surrender their beers? Is there some supply of Heineken somewhere that they are expected to pass to fans on their right whenever they're asked? And as for their inability to respond, is she THAT beautiful that they can't even formulate an answer?

I could go on...

September 02 2009 at 2:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eva Hater

I don't care if she's the President. She can get up off her butt and get one herself. Lazy ditz. Eva has no beauty or talent at all. Doing the Desperate Housewives because she has nothing else better to do than that (dumbest show ever on TV). She needs to go back to hole she crawled out of and just drop dead and leave Tony Parker alone. He deserves someone better than that disgusting excuse for a woman. She just does stuff to get attention or money, both of which she doesn't deserve. There are more hardworking people in the world than her. Just the sight of her is enough to make anyone toss their lunch. Get off TV, Longoria; and get out of the marriage, Tony. She's a two timing B with and ITCH and a waste of everyone's time.

August 30 2009 at 10:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LuvDoc204

Your right Benjh, this is such a ridiculous post that I had to chime in.

For starters her husband plays basketball, CC, that's probably why shes in the commercial.

Bob if you really want to analyze this commercial, when they first sit down the person that is supposed to be Eva is wearing a different shirt compared to when you see her face. This spot was probably shot in pieces. I think it appears the waitress walks away before Eva asks for a beer because of the sequence they put it in.

Besides, like Buba said, she said please.

August 30 2009 at 10:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John from Yankees

I don't cae for the way she says "please." She comes off as a cold bitch who feels she deserves having the world handed to her on a silver platter. It's a bad commercial - it cold have played differently and woked - but it's one of the worst beer commercials I've ever seen.

August 30 2009 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CC

Ugh, why is Eva Longoria on this commercial? So she can be annoying and ask for a Heineken? She should get her own beer - I'm sure people would stumble over themselves to get her stuff. Even if the guys didn't have to pay for the beer.

I hate commercials like this.

August 21 2009 at 11:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scot

Bob...you're a dork. This was a great commercial. It's not about "two guys get an upgrade", it's all about rewards from being adaptable. It wasn't over the top, and it wasn't Eva being unreasonable.

Shut up and give her a beer already.

;-)

August 20 2009 at 7:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Scot's comment
Robert Norwood

Give her your own beer dorko - maybe you'll get la.... ooohhhh...nevah happen.

October 15 2009 at 9:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply