Bo Bice thinks American Idol is making a big mistake

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 21st 2009 3:28PM
AbdulBo Bice, who was the runner-up on American Idol a few years ago, says that FOX shouldn't let Paula Abdul go because she's part of what makes the show great .

To be fair to the other judges on the show, Bice does say that if they got rid of either Randy or Simon it would be equally devastating. I don't quite think this is true of Jackson, Paula and Simon really are the heart of the show (along with Ryan Seacrest).

Bice says that getting rid of Paula would be like getting rid of Joey on Friends. That the show wouldn't have been a hit without him. Now, we can argue that point I guess because there were six major characters on that show. If Joey had left the show halfway through, would that show have been as good as it was, especially in those middle seasons when it was at its best?

Funny how out of all of the characters on Friends to compare to Paula, he picks the dumbest one.

Eric H

This shouldn't be posted in reality free.

August 24 2009 at 8:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

First of all, Idol didn't "get rid of" Paula. They offered her a 30 percent raise, and she turned it down.

Secondly, who gives a f*** what Bo Bice thinks?

August 21 2009 at 6:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
WarT0rn

Still have never watched it...

August 21 2009 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Cook is my Idol!

I for one hope Paula stays gone and am looking forward to the show without her. I love the show, but I never could tolerate her nonsense. I hope they stick to the three judge format.

August 21 2009 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joey Geraci

How is Ryan Seacrest at all critical to the success of American Idol? I don't watch the show, but he is a talentless hack on everything else I have ever seen him on. I can't imagine that most of Idol's audience would give a crap if he was replaced tomorrow.

August 21 2009 at 4:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply