October 30, 2014

New Smallville promo trailer

by Brad Trechak, posted Aug 22nd 2009 12:14PM
SmallvilleIn anticipation of the season premiere on Friday September 25th (and nothing says 'the last season" like a move to Friday nights), a new promotional trailer for Smallville Season 9 has been released (it's on the EW.com site and is sadly not embeddable). The good news is that the trailer gives a pretty clear view of Clark's new costume.

It's somewhat different than the leaked Comic-Con trailer, and that's a good thing. As for the outfit itself: others have said it reminds them of Neo's outfit from The Matrix. While there are similarities to that, it reminds me more of the outfits worn by the Phantom Zone villains in a recent Superman comic co-written by Richard Donner and Geoff Johns. Given this season's big bad, the costume design was likely done that way to evoke Clark's Kryptonian heritage.

So what do you think of the trailer? Does it make you want to stay in Friday nights and not miss an episode?

VikiCrsnCty

I'm a big fan of Smallville and Superman. The show is great and it's a treat to see Clark Kent every week. I think Smallville on Fridays nites will be great. I hope it can prosper for lots more years. The Superman suit is good either way. I know I will keep on enjoying and supporting Superman.

August 23 2009 at 6:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anita

Hmm, it actually looks pretty good. My biggest gripe with last season was the darkness looked like an attempt to save money while trying to look cool. But, in the trailer, it looks as if the directors have learned to make it work for them a la Dark Knight style. Plus, I don't know how I feel about Chloe with the gun. I agree with ac, that the first part of last season was decent, but I couldn't stand watching the second half. Here's hoping the final season returns to the good storytelling, character development and acting of S1.

August 23 2009 at 12:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zach

Don't like the new pre-"suit". Even though I hate the Red Blue Blur name, I liked that he was starting to show up on their radar. He shouldn't be going to knew colors, even if he's wearing the S symbol. I guess I'll wait and see how it plays out, but so far I'm not liking it.

August 22 2009 at 4:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Zach's comment
Zach

* Meant "new", not "knew" lol.

August 22 2009 at 4:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

The first part of last season was great, but after the Lana disaster the show seemed to struggle to stay good and then fell apart in the last episode. Makes me hesitant to watch this season, despite it probably being the end.

August 22 2009 at 3:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Daniel M

Was it just me but when Lana Lang and Lex left the show, it was great for the beginning of the next season since they were not restricted by actors being on the show which is sad.

The show always fall into a trap of being an episodic show but when they pretend to be serialized is what i perfer then regular episodes

August 22 2009 at 1:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

Well, since I've watched it since Season 1 I can't give up now...and it's on at 8 so I cna always go out after. But yea...I doubt the ratings will be anything good, so bye bye Smallville. Thanks CW!

August 22 2009 at 12:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply