October 25, 2014

Saturday Night Live may premiere with Megan Fox hosting

by Jason Hughes, posted Aug 23rd 2009 12:29PM
Megan Fox - Transformers: Revenge of the FallenNow, either Megan Fox will be hosting the premiere of Saturday Night Live on September 26th, or the Internets are just taking this unconfirmed story from Life & Style Weekly and running with it. I hope she does host it, and I hope they let her go unscripted in her monologue, because if there's one thing Fox does do funny, it's try and speak intelligently.

At least we'll get the chance to remember what an amazing actress she is. Don't get me wrong, I teared up several times at the depth of her portrayal of Mikaela Banes in Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen. When she was climbing all over that motorcycle with her ass hanging out of this shorts (right), you could really feel an emotional connection to the anguish her character was feeling at the thought of her boyfriend leaving for college.

Actually, Fox may be an amazing actress. Certainly she must have elevated Hope & Faith to new heights because I didn't even know she was in it. At least she's hot. I'm sure that's what most of the sketches would focus on anyway.

divineparasite

Why use mentioning Megan Fox hosting "Saturday Night Live" as a reason to be just another hater who just wants to make her out to be untalented? Do you look for intellegence when they get a football player or hell a Seth Rogan to host it? She's not writing the thing she's acting in it. And she didn't make "Transformers" dumb, Micheal Bay did, there is a difference.

August 24 2009 at 1:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

Megan Fox?? Seriously? She's the best they could do for the season premiere?

Damn, NBC must be harder up than I thought.

August 24 2009 at 1:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nick

"...because if there's one thing Fox does do funny, it's try and speak intelligently."

I'm just amazed that someone who put together this sentence structure, and claims to work as a writer, would belittle her intelligence.

August 23 2009 at 7:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Nick's comment
Chuck

Actually, there's nothing wrong with the sentence. I assume you're talking about "does do?" Say it out loud, put the emphasis on the word "does", and you'll find a very common way we emphasize certain verbs. In this case, because the verb being emphasized is "do," you just have a situation in which variations of the word "do" appear twice in a row. Still, it's perfectly fine.

I guess you could also point out that "try and speak" is mentioned as ONE thing she does, where it should have read "try to speak." Still, it's a common enough variation.

And for the record, I see exactly what you're saying, Jason. But I'm sure every sketch will focus on her hotness, so it won't matter what lines she tries to deliver anyway.

August 23 2009 at 9:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edward

Megan Fox isn't really that hot...

August 23 2009 at 4:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edward

Megan Fox is really that hot...

August 23 2009 at 4:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ashton

Hey, back off of Megan Fox. She may not have done anything in Transformers, but it's Transformers. You could have Meryl Streep, Leonardo DiCaprio, or Ellen Page in a Michael Bay film and it would seem like they couldn't act to save their lives. Wait until Jennifer's Body to see if she actually has talent and then bash her.

August 23 2009 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply