April 24, 2014

Are you 18 to 49 and aware of the new TV shows?

by Bob Sassone, posted Aug 25th 2009 8:00AM
Three RiversNetworks and advertisers love the 18 to 49 demographic. If you're not in that demo, then just sell your TV right now, OK? Nielsen even creates an "awareness" survey every year and sends it to the networks so they know which new shows have made it into the public consciousness, and Nikki Finke has the list.

ABC's Flash Forward and The Cougar have the most awareness, while Hank has the lowest (every time I hear the name of this show I forget that Kelsey Grammer is in it - it sounds like the name of an animated show).

CBS' NCIS: Los Angeles and The Good Wife are the shows the public is aware of, while Three Rivers is the one people are least aware of (a fact that is going to surprise Alex O'Loughlin fans and anyone who watches CBS these days because there are six promos for the show every single night).

I don't get NBC's results. Trauma and SNL Weekend Update Thursday are the shows viewers know about but Community isn't? Doesn't seem right to me.

cjwills

I am on the young side of the skew (23 in october), but even I have heard of Alex O'loughlin and Three Rivers. I love vamps, bikes, guitars and diving, but Al is cool, too. Glad he's on TV again (he'll be a sweet doc) and Sunday is a good night for me. Hate anyone desperate to be a housewife (how sad!) and football, love Al (especially his tats) so it's a...win win win for me!

September 02 2009 at 10:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
R

I think this survey was done in June, before the TR promos were made, so it's a bit outdated.

August 25 2009 at 9:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
maryp

I know that my husband keeps telling me he'll be "sick of Three Rivers before it even starts" because there are so many promos. I can't believe that people don't know about the show. grrr BTW tvsquad.. your twitter "share this" function isn't working!! I get an error.

August 25 2009 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Radiant

Three Rivers, with Alex O'Loughlin, Katherine Moennig, Daniel Henney, Alfre Woodard, Christopher J. Hanke and Justina Machado, is the most highly anticipated new drama series for the 2009-2010 season. I'm in the 18-49 age category. Every night, during the prime time hours of 8 to 11 PM, I see at least 6 to 7 promotions of Three Rivers with Alex O'Loughlin as the dedicated transplant surgeon Dr. Andy Yablonski.

August 25 2009 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lorie

As a mourning Moonlight fan and huge AOL fan, this news doesn't make me happy. I'm anxiously waiting for the talented and gorgeous Alex O'Loughlin to return to TV on 10/4.

Who are these people who were surveyed?! Here in Texas, I now see some 3R promos on a semi-regular basis.

August 25 2009 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

I'm pretty well aware of Community and excited for it. They run ads for the show during Conan alot of times. But then again Conan is pretty low rated nowadays.

August 25 2009 at 12:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
moonlightaddicted

I hope to see impatiently Alex O'Loughlin and Three Rivers,it is the most interesting show.I can't wait to see him in my tv.Alex is the best.

August 25 2009 at 11:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amber

Maybe it's because I live in Pittsburgh, but Three Rivers is really being promoted here. Every morning for the last month during the local morning news on our CBS station, there is a promo for it.

August 25 2009 at 10:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan

Yeah, the only thing I'm surprised about is the "worst" for Community. That doesn't seem right especially with my group of friends *and* the commercials that's constantly been airing.

August 25 2009 at 10:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hywel

I think you mean Cougar Town rather than The Cougar on ABC?

August 25 2009 at 9:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply