April 20, 2014

Dushku promises Dollhouse season two will be 'racier, darker, crisper'

by Mike Moody, posted Aug 25th 2009 6:31PM
fos dollhouse dushkuToday's dose of Whedoncrack comes from the red carpet watchers over at Access Hollywood. They recently caught up with Eliza Dushku at a party and asked her about the upcoming season of Dollhouse, which kicks off Sept. 25 on Fox.

Dushku didn't reveal much we didn't already know – upcoming guest stars will include Jamie Bamber, Keith Carradine and Angel alum Alexis Denisof – but she did play up the fact that season two will be shot entirely on HD, like the unaired thirteenth ep, "Epitaph One." Dushku said the format change makes the show feel more real and less "science fictiony." Video after the jump.

I'm with her on the switch to HD, which was a cost-cutting measure for the show. The format gave "Epitaph One" a very immediate, almost "you are there" quality.

Dushku also promised the new season would be "racier and darker," and hinted at more Whedon and Angel actors showing up as guest stars. She didn't mention any names (besides Denisof), but I'm hoping James Marsters or Buffy alum Amber Benson will visit the Dollhouse next season.

divineparasite

I see no reason for viewers to think it won't get better. Ugh, I'm watching the first season of "The X-Files" and while I enjoy the show over all you can tell that the first season was very hit and miss. I suspect like with "DollHouse" Fox made them have a lot more stand-alone episodes and monster of the week episodes. By season two there was a huge improvment because the creative team like Chris Carter got more creative freedom, same goes for Whedon, its his show now, hopefuly Fox won't go and kill it now that it is.

August 26 2009 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon

I don't want it to be "racier, darker, crisper". I simply want it to be "better".

August 26 2009 at 7:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gulshanara

I think you are totally correct. They must have used film for the first episodes.
gull

August 26 2009 at 5:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Usama

Wait, when she says the show will be filmed in "HD" does she mean digital? I thought the show did air in HD (high definition), at least I watched all the shows in what looked to me like high-def.

I think what she (and perhaps you?) mean is that instead of recording on film that they'll record onto a digital medium, which would make it easier and cheaper for any post-production editing?

August 25 2009 at 11:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Usama's comment
ggm

I think you are totally correct. The show was / is broadcast in at least 720p. The Blu-Ray was released in HD 1080p. They must have used film for the first episodes.

August 25 2009 at 11:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

I don't care as this is the show that should have been cancelled and not Terminator : the Sarah Connor Chronicles so I ain't returning to this show as it is the one that deserved the axe

August 25 2009 at 10:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply