September 21, 2014

Hi I'm Keith Olbermann, welcome to Jackass

by Danny Gallagher, posted Aug 25th 2009 1:34PM
The Los Angeles Times made a rather humorous error in their TV listings and some, depending on what they personally think of MSNBC talking head Keith Olbermann, may not have noticed the difference.

Their TV listings for Thursday listed Jackass in the time slot where Countdown with Keith Olbermann should have been. The paper issued a correction the following day, disappointing thousands of easily hammered frat boys (including me) who thought MTV's nightly cavalcade of nut shots and poo fights had returned to television on another network.

Olbermann was OK with the mistake until one of the paper's bloggers used it as a political parry against him and his network. That launched the MSNBC host into a personal tirade against the blogger and anything else that happened to saunter into the path of Olbermann's angry spittle cannon.

Andrew Malcolm, a writer for The Times' political blog Top of the Ticket, noted that without the correction "a few thousand people might have tuned into MSNBC, the Obama administration's favorite cable channel, expecting to see a Jackass show, and instead they'd have found Olbermann." I know I was disappointed. I thought I was finally going to get to watch Olbermann do a little blindfolded skateboarding or take a spin on the crapper sled.

Olbermann took to the airwaves and launched a rebuttal against Malcolm by lumping him and his struggling newspaper in his daily "Worst Person in the World" segment.

Visit msnbc.com for Breaking News, World News, and News about the Economy

I've noticed this trend developing on MSNBC and their arch-nemesis Fox News. It is slowly becoming my biggest pet peeve behind coffee houses that don't give out stirrers and force you to use your finger and pushy Jehovah's Witnesses who talk like they were trained by used car salesmen.

Whenever a network or newspaper calls out either MSNBC or Fox on something, their immediate rebuttal is to spout how much better they are doing in the ratings than them. Stop it already. That is not news. It is petty. It is self-serving. It is childish. It is, at its most mature, a company memo that they are sharing with their customers. So unless I'm allowed to attend the next MSNBC Christmas party, there is no reason to share it with the rest of us.

texas dd

Just maybe jackass keith should listen to him boss Immelt and keep his mouth shut, we can dig up dirt on you too jackass keith O

September 08 2009 at 4:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

If anybody has the right picture of Olbermann, they can put his face on Knoxville's body as he sticks his arm up to his elbow into a cow's behind:

www.jackassworld.com/pages/big-stage

Olbermann would do it himself if he had a sense of humor. So would the tv blogger at the LA Times. But they don't.

By the way, you can also put YOURSELF into a jackass video at that address.

September 03 2009 at 1:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jeff's comment
Jeff

Sorry. That's why they say not to try these at home, unless you're supervised by professionals. Professionals would remember to put in the http.

September 03 2009 at 1:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
John

I understand the people at "Jackass" are absolutely furious over this libelous mistake.

August 27 2009 at 1:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ratming

If Malcolm's statement was so "outdated", why did Olbermann waste everyone's time by riffing on it?

August 26 2009 at 11:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian Fowler

Olbermann is just another angry lib. That's why only his mother watches his show. Why are libs angry all the time? Is it because of "Global Warming"?

August 26 2009 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CassavaLeaf.com

They still caught Jackass

August 26 2009 at 5:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tennessee Budd

I've never seen Olbermoron, but I've heard of him, & it seems to me that "jackass" would be one of the kinder descriptions.

August 26 2009 at 7:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sam

On another topic Danny - coffee house stirrers? Really? You can't use the butt end of a plastic spoon? Come on now. ;-)

August 25 2009 at 11:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Crybaby

WWWWAAAAAHHHHHH!!!! My ratings are so good... I am number 1 in the 9:15 to 9:23 time slot amongst 18-22 year old college students not yet in a drunken comatose state.

August 25 2009 at 10:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Obvious

"I've noticed this trend developing on MSNBC and their arch-nemesis Fox News....."

Did you notice this before or after Markos wrote about it in his latest book that was published...what...two years ago?

August 25 2009 at 8:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply