July 28, 2014

Here are a few pics from the Fringe season two premiere

by Jane Boursaw, posted Aug 27th 2009 1:29PM
Fringe season two premiere
Fox has released a few photos from the Fringe season two premiere, "A New Day in the Old Town," which airs Thursday, Sept. 17, at 9 PM ET. I'm so ready for the return of Fringe, and anxious to see where the show goes this season with the parallel universe storyline. And I've really been missing my Walter fix since season one ended earlier this year.

Interesting that there's no sign of Anna Torv in the photos. Rather, junior agent Amy Jessup (Meghan Markle) is pictured in the last photo after the jump. She's been assigned to an investigation with the Fringe Division. That would be Walter Bishop, Peter Bishop, Astrid Farnsworth and, supposedly, Olivia Dunham. Maybe she got stuck in the alternate universe. Walter apparently made it back!

When last we left our crew, Olivia went to visit William Bell (Leonard Nimoy) and appeared to be seeing visions of an alternate reality. Nina Sharp approached Agent Broyles with her concern that the watcher had been sighted again. Walter left, accompanied by the mysterious Observer. And, uh, ok, I need to watch the season one DVD here in my office to refresh my memory on everything that happened.

Any thoughts on the photos (love the Twizzler, Walter; nice touch with the open torso), the absence of Olivia, or theories about what's to come in season two?

Fringe season two premiere
Fringe season two premiere

fringe season two premiere

MAKB

Jean in a party hat (Gosh, could it be her b-day they are celebrating ?) I'm so there !

August 28 2009 at 1:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

As much as I want to be, I'm still not totally sold on this show. It still just comes off as a poor man's "X-Files," though I continue to give it a chance because I respect so much of J.J. Abrams' work (and the cast is first-rate).

August 28 2009 at 11:08 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jane Boursaw

Garlick - My son agrees - it's a Red Vine. We enlarged the pic and had an indepth discussion about it (sadly, I'm not kidding), and he's like, "Mom, you can't tell that's a Red Vine? Are you KIDDING me?! What is WRONG with you?!" Clearly, I need help.

Val - I think that's junior agent Amy Jessup. No idea where Olivia is and in which universe, alternate or otherwise, but I think you're right about Amy being a temporary replacement.

August 28 2009 at 2:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Val

Who is the chick on the end next to Astrid in the second picture? could it be a temporary replacement for Olivia while shes off gallivanting in the parallel universe?

*whispers* ...sliders..

August 27 2009 at 6:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chip Douglas

It's not a Pixie Stix?

August 27 2009 at 3:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brian

That's definitely a red vine, not a twizzler.

August 27 2009 at 3:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply