October 22, 2014

Terminator's Garret Dillahunt lands role on Burn Notice

by Mike Moody, posted Aug 29th 2009 1:30PM
Garret Dillahunt, burn notice, terminatorSummer Glau isn't the only Terminator alum heading to a high-profile show next season. The cool and creepy Garrett Dillahunt has landed a role on USA's Burn Notice. Dillahunt will play Simon, Michael's super smart new client, when the show returns in the winter.

It's unclear whether this is a guest stint or a recurring role, but chances are good that Dillahunt will be sticking around for a while. The actor has made memorable guest stints on Life, CSI, and Law & Order: SVU, and critics praised his recent big screen performance in The Last House on the Left.

I was a big fan of Dillahunt's work as Cromartie, and later as John Henry, on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. TSCC was packed with great actors, but Dillahunt managed to stand out. It was great fun watching him play a cracked killing machine, but he really surprised me with his performance as the childlike John Henry. I can't wait to watch him steal scenes on Burn Notice.

[Via: EW]

Daune Calovini

I will never forgive his Hooplehead for shooting Wild Bill. But, he keeps haunting me, turning up in all my favorite shows, like Life. I've only come close to liking him once (and I tried not to!), and that was in No Country for Old Men. He and Tommy Lee were great.

August 31 2009 at 2:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anne

That show has the coolest guest stars!

And between his performances on Deadwood and in Jesse James, I think Dillahunt is the best actor I've ever seen. It boggles the mind that studios and networks aren't offering him any really big roles. If there was ever an actor audiences needed to discover, it's him.

August 30 2009 at 4:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
chrissthomas

I can't believe Garret is not a bigger name. He has been great in everything I have seen him in. Not only has he been great in the show Life, No Country For Old Men, and Terminator, but each of his characters is so different they really show his acting skills. I can't wait to see how they will use him in Burn Notice since it is also one of my favorite shows right now. I hope it is a roll big enough to get him some acclaim.

August 30 2009 at 9:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

He was also fantastic on "Life" as the evil creepy Russian mob guy "Roman Nebikov" ... hopefully we'll be seeing lots more of Mr. Dillahunt.

August 29 2009 at 10:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jimmy_MO

Dillahunt is great, but is it actually correct to call Dollhouse a "high profile" series when Burn Notice gets higher ratings -- and on cable?

August 29 2009 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tobias

Oh my gosh...Dillahunt's the bomb. He was the best thing about TSCC and I loved everything about that show. Well I guess I could have done without Lena Headey's hairdo. But anyway...I'm just so glad he's got work lined up for him. Please tell me he'll be wearing dockers, there's nothing cooler than a thirty some year old child-like man in dockers. They really need to script that in to more shows, nowadays!

August 29 2009 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
litehousebeacon

He was great in both his roles on Deadwood, too.

August 29 2009 at 2:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply