July 29, 2014

Get ready for Eureka: The Musical Episode

by Mike Moody, posted Aug 30th 2009 1:03PM
eureka erica cerra syfyI think we all can agree that musical episodes are a bit passé these days, but if there's one show that can still pull it off, it's gotta be Eureka.

Syfy's quirky series already has that whimsical tone and vivid color palette we're used to seeing in Hollywood musicals; so it comes as no shock that Eureka will feature a two-part musical episode next season.

Eureka's Deputy Lupo, Eric Cerra, dropped the news in a recent interview with Sci Wire about the show's upcoming fourth season. Cerra complimented the singing voices of co-stars Joe Morton, Salli Richardson-Whitfield, and Colin Ferguson, but admitted that she has some trouble carrying a tune herself. "... I don't sing. I can't, and I don't, so I'm going to have to take some singing lessons. I'm a little nervous," she said.

Cerra also confirmed what our own Jason Hughes reported last month, Eureka's fourth season will be its longest yet with 22 episodes. Season three concludes Friday, Sept. 18.

Nic

Im just really excited their will be another season of Eureka. Scifi (now syfy) has had a habit of letting fantastic shows die too soon.
I cant wait for the new season.

September 11 2009 at 9:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bite Me

Er... I see fins. And teeth. Large, nasty teeth with the remnants of a leather jacket in it.

September 05 2009 at 1:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tracey

Huh, Eureka has three more weeks left? This week's clip show seemed to be coasting into the end of the season. It's been a very good season, but clip shows like that are just an insult to the audience's intelligence.

August 31 2009 at 10:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alicia R.

Eureka can pull off a musical. Now just convincing the husband that needs to still watch it. LOL

August 31 2009 at 7:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
contract hospitality staff

I think she is done well her job. This is entertaining episode and its just only the right way of show to have a musical episode.
contract hospitality staff

August 31 2009 at 5:48 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon

I don't know. I thought she did a nice job on the recent Eureka episode with the DNA mixup. I don't think she gives herself enough credit.

I am looking forward to this episode. Eureka is consistently entertaining, and just the right kind of show to have a musical episode.

August 30 2009 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply