April 21, 2014

The View is shaking things up

by Allison Waldman, posted Sep 1st 2009 10:27AM
The_View_hostesses_ABC
You might think that after finally breaking through at the Daytime Emmys and winning the golden statuette in the category Outstanding Host(s), the folks at ABC's The View would be resting on their laurels. Not so. The View is shaking up their production effective immediately.

According to Bill Geddie, executive producer, they're going to try and make The View more interactive, which is code for using email and web cams and other newfangled Internet sort of things to reach out to the viewers.

Look, there's nothing wrong with change and slapping on a new coat of paint is probably a good idea. In fact, there will be a new opening and the set will have a spiffy new color scheme. Geddie plans to also stick a camera (or two) in the green room where you can see guests before they come onto the set. Of course if you believe that anybody in the green room waiting to appear won't know that they might be caught on camera, you probably think reality shows are unplanned, too.

The changes are mostly cosmetic, but I do wonder about the idea of getting viewers to submit questions. Seriously, there are five hosts on the show already asking questions. Even if Barbara Walters is not there, that's still four loquacious ladies peppering a guest with queries. When will they fit in a question from Sarah in Suburbia? They will try, I'm sure, especially in the first month or so when the Skype hook up in new, but I predict it's going to get old really quick.

By the way, since they're revamping the set, I suggest they go for the Kathy Griffin look and put the Emmys right on the desk for everyone to see everyday. After 12 years, they've earned the chance to gloat.

nitablanch

assistant to the producer a package containing such a letter and two DVD'salong with conformation delivery.
I hope my work is found to be worthy pf an appearance on your reknown recognized program.

Sincerely
Juanita M. Dandridge

April 07 2011 at 7:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Merrily

Has anyone noticed that Sheri has a new show and Joy is going to be on HLN soon. Hopefully, Elisabeth will also get another show. Whoopi should host the show alone actually. She's the only one who uses her brain before opening her mouth. Every enterprise she's been involved in has been a success.

September 07 2009 at 11:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dukkiller9

As long as 'joy' is on I will not watch. I cannot stand that liberal cow. She should go the same way as 'rosie'.

September 02 2009 at 8:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carie Albers

I cannot stand Elisabeth & as long as she is on there I will not watch it. She needs to keep her stuck up mouth shut! Get rid of her & I bet the show will do much better!!

September 02 2009 at 8:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dukkiller9

As long as "joy" is on I will not watch.

September 02 2009 at 8:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joy

I feel the same about Elizabeth! I'll start watching when she goes.

September 02 2009 at 8:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dianne

Joy is so funny if she leaves the view will go off the air ..

September 02 2009 at 7:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dianne

I enjoy wartching the view. All the ladies seems to get slong ok. Barbara has finally found the right combination.. go ms barbara

September 02 2009 at 7:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mary

I cannot stand Elizabeth so I don't watch the View. Joy is also annoying. If the producers were to get rid of both of them, I would than watch it. Until then, no thanks.

September 02 2009 at 7:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sheila

the only thing good about that show is snl made a great spoof it hahaha now that is good tv

September 02 2009 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply