July 23, 2014

Beavis and Butt-Head are back!

by Mike Moody, posted Sep 2nd 2009 12:34PM
Thank you, Mike Judge. I really needed a pick-me-up after watching that depressing video of Soleil Moon Frye dressing up like Punky Brewster to celebrate 1,000,000 Twitter followers. And this video of Beavis and Butt-Head promoting your new movie, Extract, did the trick.

Ah, "Master Bateman!" Sometimes it's the simple things that help you get through the day.

I love how Judge zeroes in on the sadness and ugliness of normal life for great comic effect. That quality is part of what made Beavis and Butt-Head such a big hit on MTV, and later on the big screen. Judge's films, including Extract, all seem to take place in the same ugly but hilarious world full of losers and idiots we first saw in the Beavis and Butt-head TV show. Maybe a sequel to Beavis and Butt-Head Do America isn't such a bad idea – as long as it isn't live action or CGI. The boys just wouldn't be the same without that crappy animation.

Extract
opens Friday.

[via Yahoo!]

Tim McCleese

Hilarious!

September 02 2009 at 10:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
L'Emmerdeur

Oh, please, bring them back.

*begs on knees*

September 02 2009 at 5:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GrumpyOldMan

That made my day!

September 02 2009 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bryan McGuckin

Beavis and Butthead was the best thing Mike Judge ever did.

September 02 2009 at 4:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George McBain

"Maybe a sequel to Beavis and Butt-Head Do America isn't such a bad idea"

Actually, it is criminal not to do another one (along with another South Park) ... of course as long as the script is good. Those were such good animated movies not targeted at tweens or younger.

September 02 2009 at 3:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MNJayW

Is it just me or does it sound like Beavis finally went through puberty?

September 02 2009 at 1:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to MNJayW's comment
MCW

I was about to say "I'm amazed they're still able to nail the 'Beav and Butt style' from the original series", including the voices, but then I heard Beavis talk more. Clearly sounds different, I don't know what happened there.

Yep, the world is ready for another Beavis film (Since he's doing Office Space 2 anyway - he's admitted that's what Extract is)... skip the politics of trying to have a show on Fox... go R-rated & release the movie like it should be.

September 02 2009 at 5:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply