July 22, 2014

Big Brother 11: PoV #8

by Jackie Schnoop, posted Sep 2nd 2009 1:04AM
Kevin has to make some decisions as head of household
(S11E24) Kevin wanted to win the head of household on Big Brother 11. Sure, the room and the basket of goodies is always fun. But the tough part, especially this late in the game, is making the right nominations and planning ahead for the veto competition. Nakomis (BB5) did it right. She literally invented the backdoor plan -- put two hamsters on the block, but neither of them your real target. Then, if the veto is used to save one, slap up your target with no way to escape. Did Kevin do that? Nope. He put his two targets on the block.

But first ... we found out the secret behind the mystery door. I'm not all that impressed. Apparently Kevin could have saved the money for himself (although that part wasn't too clear) or release it to the houseguests. So he got his hand stuck in a box while the others did their best to gather up and stash $10,000 which fell from the sky.

Thankfully the segment was hilarious, as Kevin tried to get his BFF in the house, Natalie, to rescue him. I'm so pleased he had a spy camera in the room and could tell just how much Natalie cared about him. Heck, if nothing else, release him so he can get some cash, too. But, as for the game-changing powerful twist promised, this fell way flat. Thank you Kevin for making it entertaining.

Then came the veto comp, a new variation on the face-morph idea. This time two hamster faces were mixed with aliens and it was all a huge space theme. Um. Okay. It's still the face-morph. I'll admit I was pretty lost looking at the faces. If I were in the comp, I'd probably time out at a good fifteen minutes. A lot of them I could pick out one face, but got lost on the others. How did you do?

Now comes the time when Kevin's nomination choices of his two targets put him in a tricky situation. One of his targets, Michele, won the power of veto. She's no Marcellas. And, despite Natalie's comment about "what little brain she has," Michele is no dummy. Of course, she'll save herself. Not only that, but she's thinking ahead. She certainly doesn't want to go home when targeted next week. If she can convince Kevin to make the tiebreaker a vote for Jeff to stay, Jeff will target Kevin and Natalie while Michele sails into the final two.

She's also right than Natalie must get got (BB terminology) before the final three. If Natalie makes the final two, she has too many friends on the jury. Anyone up against her will lose ... including her partner in crime, Kevin. Unfortunately, the hamsters often vote on popularity rather than who played the best game. Jordan would be dangerous in the final two, too. She's well-liked by everyone and is basically a nice person.

A Michele/Kevin/Jeff final three would be interesting. Between Jeff and Michele, Kevin would probably be blown aside in the three-part final HoH comp. Michele, although she's really kicked her game in gear, probably couldn't do any better than second place. But Kevin and Jeff could draw some interesting voting. Anyone but Natalie, I beg of all that's good and fair in the world.

Who will go home this week?
Jeff287 (66.0%)
Jordan148 (34.0%)

Big Brother' Photos

Big Brother 8 contestants Amanda Marchant, Samantha Marchant arrive for the Lipsy party held at the Crystal clubon October 28, 2008 in London, England.

Nat Jag/FilmMagic.com

BIG BROTHER 10 Libra, a 32-year-old human resources representative from Spring, Texas, was the fifth Houseguest evicted from the house by a unanimous vote of 6 to 0. She will be the first Houseguest to be sequestered in the jury house until the final episode on Tuesday, September 16th. Airs Thursday, August 14, 2008.

CBS

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart, the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart, the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting acurrent Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart (center, pink ruffled shirt), the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. From left: Jun (Season 4), Bunky (Season 2), Jace (Season 5), Amy (Season 3), Mike Boogie (Season 7), Junelle (Season 6), Brian, Matt (Season 9), Chicken George (Season 1) and Jen (Season 8). Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart (center, pink ruffled shirt), the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. From left: Jace (Season 5), Amy (Season 3), Jen (Season 8), Chicken George (Season 1), Brian, Junelle (Season 6), Jun (Season 4), Mike Boogie (Season 7), and seated, Matt (Season 9) with Bunky (Season 2). Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 When America's Player Dan cast his vote which broke the evenly divided household, Jessie, a 22-year-old professional body builder from Rudd, Iowa, was evicted from the house by a vote of 4 to 3. Airs Thursday, August 7, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Houseguests prepare for the "In the Garden of Veto, Baby!" Power of Veto Competition during last nightÕs. Airs Wednesday, July 29, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Houseguests prepare for the "In the Garden of Veto, Baby!" Power of Veto Competition during last nightÕs. Pictured here: Memphis. Airs Wednesday, July 29, 2008.

CBS

inputstring
channel:"cbs on aol" show:"big brother" sort:mostrecent
width
400
hidetitle

judy Glodt

To bad Jeff trusted Kevin. To bad he is not a man of his word. not only once but twice Jeff saved his sorry butt. And Natalie doesn't deserve to be there. She doesn't even try. I will stop watching BB if she or Kevin win.

September 03 2009 at 2:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to judy Glodt's comment
joz

you and me tooo. I'm so sick of the crap they let these two get away with. If these two win the should renamed big brother to big loser!!!!

September 03 2009 at 9:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beth

I am so not a Nat fan! If she wins the next comp it may open their eyes to the fact that she could have won all along & played everyone to get to were she is in the game. I do hope Michelle goes to the F2 & wins it all!

September 03 2009 at 12:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

I'm definitely going to miss the eye candy but have to agree the hunk made some wrong moves and I will not be shocked to see him leave.

On the other hand, I would LOVE to see Natalie's lying, nasty, mean-spirited butt out of there before the f2. Chomping onto the power players for dear life isn't my idea of playing a good game. And for her to repeatedly state that she's going to win the next comp is a joke.

Anything to wipe that smirk off her face.

September 02 2009 at 5:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris.B.

From the many & various comments that I've read about this season's BB, many, many viewers are disgusted with Natalie. We know for some players in this game, they lie to get ahead.But Natalie's lying & scheming seems so mean spirited. She fits the category of those folks who will "throw a rock & hide their hands". IMO, Jeff is to blame for her still being in the house. When Jeff was playing a strong game & could have gotten rid of her, he got blinded by his own cockiness & couldn't see the forest for the trees as far as Natalie was concerned. I was shocked that he trusted Kevin & Natalie over Russell. Yes, Russell would have his temper tandrums. But Russell would keep his word. He had proven that to Jeff,when he(Russell) was HOH. He did not put Jeff or Jordan on the block as he said he wouldn't. How could Jeff forget that Natalie was in a strong alliance with Jessie & Chyma? An alliance that was so strongly & openly against the alliance he was in. Well, in Jeff's own words, he "got,got".

September 02 2009 at 4:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Damir Secki

i am sooo disappointed 'couse Jeff is going home. I like him and I think he was playing the best game. The only error he did was to "trust" Kevin.

I am sooo sad.

I can't stand Natalie...she is terrible. A person with no skills and no spine. I cannot imagine how she can be a tae-kwon-do champion.

Jordan is a lousy player too.

At this point, as I am sure Jeff is out, I would vote for Michele.

September 02 2009 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim Wilkins

I, too, am tired of Natalie. That girl piggy backs on others and squeals how she's getting closer. If I was in the final 2 with her, I'd point this out. "Hey, Natalie hasn't won squat and everyone else did the hard work." Aargh. Kevin getting his hand stuck was funny. Natalie going back outside to get more cash was funny too. Oh Kevin, you should have thrown Nat under the bus. She's not going to help you. Dump the extra 80 lbs. lol I'm sure Jeff will be voted out. There goes the eye candy.

September 02 2009 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GrumpyOldMan

See ya Jeff...no more smokers on BB!!!

September 02 2009 at 9:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lady Olivier

Kevin should have put up Natalie, I was so sick of her telling everyone and everything how safe she was so why try?? She needed to be taught a lesson, but Kevin turned coward again and chickened out. If he put Natalie up Jeff would be safe, but no- I don't know what kind of game he is playing, but he doesn't make good decisions he makes"safe" ones, he's too afraid to make enemies- But Michelle proved wiley again and she is safe- he should be more worried about her than Natalie, because Natalie does nothing but ride on coat tails and brag how she's gonna win, she's won squat! And if she wins the game on the backs of others I think that makes her the biggest villian in BB history. She's lazy and a liar and getting away with far too much. Kevin will pay the price!
If Jeff goes to the Jury house I hope Jordan gets revenge!! But she's too sweet to, and blessedly not bright enough.

September 02 2009 at 9:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply