September 17, 2014

HBO's A Game of Thrones sees a queen in Sarah Connor's Lena Headey

by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 2nd 2009 1:03PM
Lena HeadeyWe may have been forced to say goodbye to the strong Sarah Connor when FOX pulled the plug on Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. But it looks like we won't have to wait long before the actress who played her takes on another powerful role. Lena Headey has joined the cast of A Game of Thrones as Queen Cersai of House Lannister.

I'll not get into the specifics of her character arc in the series, as the series will likely deviate from it anyway. But I can tell you that she is a beautiful, ambitious and powerful woman as the saga unfolds. It's a role that Lena Headey has proven herself more than capable of handling.

She's joining an already impressive and massive cast for the ambitious fantasy series. Certainly her ties to both 300 and T:TSCC might help raise awareness of this project in just the fan communities it needs. I'm looking for this to be the more sophisticated big brother of Legend of the Seeker, which tackles another massive book series.

Tim McCleese

I'm looking forward to this.

September 02 2009 at 10:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chuck

The Sword of Truth series is NC-17? Please. I actually think Legend of the Seeker isn't that bad, but I'm sure it will pale compare to this. I didn't even know they were making this series, but like Liz above, I think I'm going to have to get HBO now!

September 02 2009 at 9:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Leslie

Comparing Legend of the Seeker to this production is like comparing Sesame Street to Rambo.

September 02 2009 at 8:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1iPete

Will this series eventually be left waiting for the long overdue 5th book like the rest of us?

September 02 2009 at 3:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Liz

I love her! And the rest of the cast looks awesome too, plus I would love to see a really good fantasy show.... I might have to actually get HBO now!

September 02 2009 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Will

I was very excited when I heard this news. I can't wait to see her as Cersei.

September 02 2009 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott R

Great news for the show with an already awesome cast: Sean Bean, Peter Dinklage, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau( New Amsterdam).

I wouldn't even put the show in comparison with the craptastic Legend of the Seeker. That's like comparing Hercules or Xena with HBO's Rome. They butchered the source material for the show, The Sword of Truth series. Terry Goodkind had little to no control or input, and the books (except the first), weren't really that good to begin with.

GoT's writer GRRM is working closely with the show to make it awesome.

Also, put the reality-free tag on this. I found this story via another site, even though I'm a regular visitor ( reality-free only )

September 02 2009 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
erock

legend of the seeker is a g-rated version of a NC-17 book series. at least george r r martin was wise enough to wait until a CABLE NETWORK proposed to make his books a television series. think rome meets medieval times here. it's going to be epic and amazing. peter dinklage, what else do you need? :D

September 02 2009 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply