July 24, 2014

Jerry Springer comes home to America's Got Talent, sort of

by Jason Hughes, posted Sep 2nd 2009 3:02PM
Jerry SpringerDon't worry. Nick Cannon won't necessarily be packing his bags any time soon, but former host Jerry Springer is coming back to America's Got Talent. He's slated to host that Planet Hollywood live show in Las Vegas Cannon has been pimping every week.

Springer originally left America's Got Talent to appear on Broadway in Chicago, but that gig has since wrapped. I'm not sure what that means for next season of the talent show. After a shaky start, I think Nick Cannon has emerged as a capable and fun host for the wackiness of AGT. He's got a natural sense of humor about everything, which is essential when talking to "The Hoff."

Plus, he brings a hip and youthful swagger to the show. As much as I love Regis Philbin and Jerry Springer, neither one of them are spring chickens. Cannon is hip to things that they can barely comprehend, which makes him more relatable to a younger audience. Plus, he brings Mariah Carey star power whenever they want it. And she grabs his butt, if you're into that sort of thing.

jane smith

Jerry Springer will spoil the whole show! I won't watch anymore if he becomes permanent on the show.

September 14 2009 at 3:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DBear

Jerry Springer is nothing more than a pimp. He's made millions of dollars making fools out of idiots that will do and say anything to be on television. I have even less respect for him, than the fools that sit in his audience and the bigger fools that participate in his shameful tv show. I guess there's big money in exploiting morons. Springer is living proof of that.

September 08 2009 at 1:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dean

Having Jerry as host just proves how fake the show is.

September 07 2009 at 2:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DDNH

I have been watching AGT for about 3 seasons now.
When this season began I was somewhat sad that Jerry would not be hosting - who by the way is a better talk show host! anyway I had no idea who Nick Cannon was but I have to tell you he is a GREAT host! he is funny, has a great sense of humor, dances with some of the contestants and jokes with the judges who make us laugh! as for Nick's "whatshername" Leave her HOME. she is a hasbeen -just like britney -trying to make a comeback! go back!!! Please!

September 07 2009 at 2:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Don

Let's please keep Cannon. he adds a flow from one contestant to the next and is funny.

September 07 2009 at 2:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Don

Can we PLEASE keep Cannon? He did a much better job than anyone else and is funny to boot. Thankz

September 07 2009 at 2:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RNogy

Please DON'T bring Jerry back! And Please, Please keep Nick. I think he is doing a great job. He's got talent!

September 07 2009 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JOANNA

SPRINGER????
As host, or guest, any show he is on....I'm off.

September 07 2009 at 1:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MYRNA

I LIKE NICK .HE IS THE GOOD CHOICE FOR THE SHOW. I CONSIDER THE SHOW VERY CONTEMPORARY BECAUSE MOST OF THE CONTESTANTS ARE YOUNG WITH NEW TALENTS AND SKILLS.THEREFORE WE NEED TO SEE A FRESH LOOKING GUY WHO IS UP-TO-DATE IN HIS LOOKS,DRESS-STYLE,MANNERS AND WAYS THAT ARE RELEVANT TO THE TIME AND GENERATION.

September 07 2009 at 1:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jocko

AND HERE I THOUGHT JERRY WAS GOING TO PIMP OUT LAS VEGAS SHOWGIRLS? SILLY ME. HE'S ANOTHER LARRY FLYNT, WITHOUT THE WHEELCHAIR. SLEAZIER THE BETTER IS HIS MOTTO.

September 07 2009 at 1:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply