August 20, 2014

A Partridge Family reunion? C'mon, get happy!

by Jane Boursaw, posted Sep 4th 2009 2:07PM
The Partridge FamilyThe Partridge Family was one of those cheesy 1970s sitcoms that was horribly predictable, sugary-sweet, and much of the plot revolved around David Cassidy's fluffy hair. And yet, I loved it, right down to the sappy song they played at the end of every episode.

If you, too, are a closet fan of The Partridge Family, here's your chance to catch a mini-reunion of the singing family. David Cassidy plays David Gallagher on the ABC Family show Ruby & The Rockits. Shirley Jones -- who played his mom on The Partridge Family -- will once again play that role on Ruby.

Ok, here's where things get complicated. In real life, Jones is Cassidy's stepmother. She's also mom to his co-star and brother Patrick Cassidy, who plays Patrick Gallagher on Ruby. Meanwhile, David's brother Shaun Cassidy serves as executive producer, and brother Ryan is the show's set decorator.

Now if we could just get Danny Bonaduce and Susan Dey to guest star as traveling musicians passing through town in a colorful bus, a whole lot of lovin' is what they'd be bringin'!

val johnson

HI! Hello classic tv buffs!!! i'm glad to see that people still enjoy the real feel good shows of that time!!! I never missed an episode!!! Firday back then was like the must-see-Thursdays of the mid 80's!!! loved the colorful buss!! what happened to it!! hope it's still somewhere!!! it was an awesome time!! with inflation the country needed that relief!!! get happy, val

September 09 2009 at 2:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
val johnson

hi! glad to here people still like the feel good era shows!!! That night of the week was like must see Thusrdays were in the mid to late 80's!! really!!!i think we need to look around for shows of that nature!!! enjoy the ride! loved the colorful bus!!! it was an icon!!! what has happend to it junk yard??? val

September 09 2009 at 2:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eubie Dooooo

Super Cheesy

September 07 2009 at 8:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rae

The Partridge Family was a great deal more wholesome than The Brady Bunch with that nasty Florence Henderson trying to get into Greg Brady's pants.

September 07 2009 at 5:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shelly

i love the partridge family i had to watch evey week my kids think iam crazy cause I got dvds but daivid still has a spot in my heart always will and even tho hes older (like me) he is still the coolst one I know

September 07 2009 at 5:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to shelly's comment
Jason

I liked the PF because of David Cassidy. If he wasn't on it I would not have watched it. Same thing with the lps, I only bought them because he sang on them, if he didn't, I wouldn't have bought because that wasn't my kind of preferred music style - too bubble gummy. I know Cassidy himself wasn't happy singing them at that time as his preferred music was harder rock.
I watched Ruby and the Rockits to see him, but his character on there is too annoying and silly. They need to make him less stupid & less like a cartoon. He's a much better actor than that. But c'mon, the Partridge Family was a cheesy show, even though we liked it.

September 08 2009 at 2:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TinselTownInsider

SHOW CONCEPT: Since Shirley Jones is even to old to be a COUGAR she could be the hot Saber Tooth (Jurasic Period) who searches the local High School band members to find hot young guys to satisfy her 70s sexuall urges that never were realized!

September 07 2009 at 5:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PaCorvetteLover

CHEESY ??? WHY ??? I know !!! There was no HO's or DRUGS or SHOOTING or KILLINGS or CAR JACKING On That Show... I guess thats why the show was so cheesy ... I THINK THEY NEED MORE CHEESY SHOWS ON T.V. TODAY !!! Maybe The World Would Just Might Be A Little More Happier !! C'Mon Let's Try To Find A Reason To Get Happy ~~~~ PEACE / LOVE And The PARTRIDGE FAMILY
....... LMAO

September 07 2009 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shari

Loved it!! Proud to say I had David Cassidy posters all over my room. The show was great, and very funny. The seventies were the best, and the music that came out of that decade will remain classic and timeless.

September 07 2009 at 5:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jane Boursaw

How cool to see all these Partridge Family fans!

September 07 2009 at 4:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
seefriedm

I was a kid when the Partridge Family was on....I recently started watching it again on Hulu.com. It is still just as corny,silly and thought provoking now as it was then.

September 07 2009 at 4:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply