April 23, 2014

Is Hell's Kitchen doing some creative editing?

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 4th 2009 4:25PM
Hell's Kitchen
Remember when Tek was voted off of Hell's Kitchen a few weeks ago? Then what the hell was she doing working in the kitchen on this week's episode?

This wasn't one of those deals where a former contestant comes back to help the remaining contestants for some reason, this was... odd. They didn't interview her or point her out and Ramsay didn't say "Tek, what the hell are you doing here, you donkey?! Didn't I kick you out? And how did you get your chef's jacket back? Jean-Philippe, what's going on?"

It was probably an editing mistake. I guess FOX wanted to show an example of Ramsay screaming at Amanda and the clip they had happened to have Tek in it. But I think it does point out that these "reality" shows are anything but, and editing plays a huge role in the production (and airing) of the show. Here's the clip.

wulfn1

Hell's Kitchen isn't REAL?!?!? SAY IT AIN'T SO!!!!!

honestly... of course it's not real. Not any more than Ramsay is a screaming egomaniac with a one hit menu from the 80s.

Its all Fox's bowl of soup. They are the ones who created the recipe and stir the pot every season.
At least BBC makes his shows more "realistic".

September 09 2009 at 9:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

Creative editing? On a reality show? Say it ain't so!

September 06 2009 at 8:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
purpleslog

What happened on S1 of Survivor was they shot some fake at-a-distance scenes so their up-close photo crews would not be show up during the games.

I believe that have taken care of that by having the up-close photo crews were gillie suits (what snipers wear) so they blend in with any surroundings.

Every once in awhile you can spot a guy in a gillie suit during a game.

Or at least that was true the first few seasons. I don't watch it anymore.

September 05 2009 at 12:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

oh I thought I seen Tek for a brief moment when I came back into the living room but than I doubted myself okay I ain't crazy thanks for this post Bob

September 04 2009 at 9:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vadude804

Guess next season it'll be Ramsey in Hell's Editing Room screaming at the editors!

September 04 2009 at 6:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordon Werner

and you're figuring this out now? this has been evident since season 1 of survivor

September 04 2009 at 5:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply