October 25, 2014

Big Brother 11: Nominations #10

by Jackie Schnoop, posted Sep 7th 2009 1:12AM
Natalie is the HOH this week
(S11E26) Now, this is downright frightening. Natalie is the head of household this week in the Big Brother 11 house. I can deal with that ... sort of, kind of. I don't care for her and I don't want her to win the half-million. But I can cope with her winning HoH once this season. What I can't abide by is the outfit. We're talking funkadelic gone horribly awry.

I find this season perplexing. My favorites have all either made stupid decisions (Jeff allying with Natalie and Kevin, for example) or are socially inept although strong players (Michele) or got the boot too soon (Casey). I like Kevin, but he hooked up as Natalie's man-wench, and I fear that might cost him everything in the end. He's definitely catching on that Natalie cannot be trusted, not even by her closest ally. But he's in deep now; I don't think he can get out. Instead, he offered her solid advice when one of her many lies caught up to her tonight.

Why does this girl have to lie all the time? I understand that lying can be a big part of the strategy -- I was a Dr. Will fan. But she's no Dr. Will. She has a mean edge to her that just doesn't sit well with me. Dr. Will had charisma and charm. Natalie's diary room segments sound like a robot reading a script. Tonight's lie about what was in Pandora's Box seemed like a lie just to tell a lie. It was foolish.

Then the man-wench talked sense to her, telling her that her story just didn't make sense and could endanger her game. Why Kevin? You should have let her sink! Of course, now the other hamsters doubt what's really the truth. Natalie's boyfriend did propose to her. Silly, silly man.

I think the only redeeming part of tonight's show was Kevin's reactions during the luxury comp. Sure, I was happy when he called Natalie a "biznatch" not once, but twice. However, the crowning hoot of the night was Kevin ripping the clothes off the mannequin and knocking it apart as he did so!

The nominations didn't come as a real surprise to me, as she told Kevin about them beforehand and even rehearsed her speech on the live feeds. Her reasoning for putting Kevin on the block is flawed. If she had put both Jordan and Michele up, one won PoV, one came off the block ... the other would still be up on the block with Kevin. The odds are the same. Kevin and Natalie would still have to convince the remaining person not to vote out Kevin. This plan is based on a PoV win by either Kevin or Natalie. Natalie can't play in the PoV due to her Pandora Box decision. (Yes, I know there is a PoV winner, but please don't post spoilers in comments -- they will be removed.)

Oh. And the annoying pests unleashed on the house were very lame. I don't even want to talk about them.

Who has the best chance with the jury?
Michele128 (19.7%)
Kevin134 (20.6%)
Jordan318 (48.8%)
Natalie71 (10.9%)

Big Brother' Photos

Big Brother 8 contestants Amanda Marchant, Samantha Marchant arrive for the Lipsy party held at the Crystal clubon October 28, 2008 in London, England.

Nat Jag/FilmMagic.com

BIG BROTHER 10 Libra, a 32-year-old human resources representative from Spring, Texas, was the fifth Houseguest evicted from the house by a unanimous vote of 6 to 0. She will be the first Houseguest to be sequestered in the jury house until the final episode on Tuesday, September 16th. Airs Thursday, August 14, 2008.

CBS

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart, the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart, the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting acurrent Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart (center, pink ruffled shirt), the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. From left: Jun (Season 4), Bunky (Season 2), Jace (Season 5), Amy (Season 3), Mike Boogie (Season 7), Junelle (Season 6), Brian, Matt (Season 9), Chicken George (Season 1) and Jen (Season 8). Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart (center, pink ruffled shirt), the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. From left: Jace (Season 5), Amy (Season 3), Jen (Season 8), Chicken George (Season 1), Brian, Junelle (Season 6), Jun (Season 4), Mike Boogie (Season 7), and seated, Matt (Season 9) with Bunky (Season 2). Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 When America's Player Dan cast his vote which broke the evenly divided household, Jessie, a 22-year-old professional body builder from Rudd, Iowa, was evicted from the house by a vote of 4 to 3. Airs Thursday, August 7, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Houseguests prepare for the "In the Garden of Veto, Baby!" Power of Veto Competition during last nightÕs. Airs Wednesday, July 29, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Houseguests prepare for the "In the Garden of Veto, Baby!" Power of Veto Competition during last nightÕs. Pictured here: Memphis. Airs Wednesday, July 29, 2008.

CBS

inputstring
channel:"cbs on aol" show:"big brother" sort:mostrecent
width
400
hidetitle

Garrett

I am glad you pointed out about Natalie's diary room seesions. It is as if they wrote the lines she should say. Very strange. The season started off great but it looks as if now it may be a Kevin and Natlaie final 2. Boooo.

September 07 2009 at 3:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joyce N.

Kevin made me laugh when he said to the mannequin, " Gimme that scarf, bitch!". Other than that, he shares Nat's penchant for meanspiritedness and I don't like him anymore. It took him forever to see the real Natalie but he's failed to follow his gut instincts and, I agree, it's probably too late to do anything now.

September 07 2009 at 2:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mario

I'm thankful that there are only 2 real episodes, plus the season finale left.. Horrible season.. BTW, if Kevin is smart he gets rid of Jordan and keeps Michele.. Michele would take Kevin to the final 2 over Natalie.. And either way if Kevin wins the final HoH he would have to turn on Natalie and evict her if he wants to win $500,000 because of how many friends she has in the jury.. But I'd rather see Jordan win the final HoH, pulling off a huge upset over those two douchebags.. Then what does she do? Evict Kevin or Natalie? As much as I would hate for Natalie to win anything, it would be smart to take her.. Jordan would have Jeff, Michele, America, and I'm thinking Lydia as well voting for her.. Maybe even Russell.. Against Kevin she loses Lydia, and then it would be more complicated.. Of course for any of this to happen Jordan has to pull off a big upset since it's gonna be 2 against 1.. Although Jordan has proven she's good with questions..

September 07 2009 at 12:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

Well, he'll probably get the 25k from America, for starters...

The thing with Natalie and her stupid boyfriend... is he not watching this show??? When Jessie left, Natalie outright said that she was Jessie's #1 and Lydia was #2.

What number does that leave for her boyfriend? ZERO.

September 07 2009 at 11:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

Michele hasn't been acting a fool, particularly either...

That said, is Natalie's boyfriend really that stupid?

If Lydia is the #2 option for Jessie behind Natalie, where's that leave Natalie's boyfriend in the pecking order?

Wow, it's obvious he's stupid just by being with her, but come on... I'm thinking the guy wants to keep his 24 year old ass while he's pushing 30... an insecurity thing, I guess... I wonder how insecure he's going to feel when she drops him right after the show so she can go "See Jessie"?

September 07 2009 at 11:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nancy Martin

Natalie's reaction to seeing her boyfriend was priceless. There was absolutely no feeling there at all. I think she made up the entire lie because at first, she didn't realize they would show the proposal on TV and she would still be able to keep it a secret and then deal with it once she's out of the house.

She has said on the live feeds that Jason's family doesn't like her. If they didn't like her before she went into the house, you can imagine how they must feel about her now.

It's hard to watch an entire season and then realize that this lying, cheating thing could win half a million dollars. I know that lying is part of the game but she has taken it to an entire level. She's nasty, vindictive, mean-spirited and downright deplorable. I can't think of a redeeming thing about her.

I honestly think something will come out of all of this for Jeff. He was much too good to look at on camera for him to fade away.

September 07 2009 at 11:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Gunter

When Jessie left the house Natalie told him she wanted to see him "outside the house",then that almost surreal sociopath reaction to the proposal says to me this is a relationship that won't survive.I'm not sure Natalie wanted to be proposed to and said yes because she was on camera.And then Natalie's attempts to lie about the proposal were pathetic and beyond some sort of strategy,why would she not want the others to know?Stupid strategy,they now see her as more of a liar,and another death blow to her "marriage".Natalie may not be 18 but she sure does act like a kid.The nonstop lies even when she doesn't have to lie.If I were her boyfriend I'd be thinking seriously about what she's done on the show.

I was thinking about who might gain fame and "fortune" beyond the show and the winning of it.Right now only Jordan would regardless of who wins.And Jeff of those in the jury house.The rest of the players completely destroyed any "likability" by their actions.

This has been a tough season to get all the way through.At this point I'd be fine with being told who won and then stop watching.Jeff and Jordan are the only people who kept their dignity and didn't act like children.Even Russel,who had it in him to act sensible,went rogue and blew it.

September 07 2009 at 10:30 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lady Olivier

Natalie is still "18" ??? Why are they allowing her to drink alcohol??? Come on! Her big stupid lie just showed she couldn't really hold her own. And her reasoning for putting Kevin on the block was so see through, she says Kevin isn't her target- but I think he knows he is. I believe he is. Her boyfriend is stupid for marrying her, maybe he thinks she'll win the million and he wants it not her- that could be the only explaination!
I just want Natalie gone!! And nowhere near the money.
Kevin screwed up BIG TIME letting her ride around on his coattails.

Go Jordan!!!! Hang in there baby!

September 07 2009 at 9:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nacho

This season has been from start to finish, the worst season ever.

Did anybody else wonder wtf was up with the complete lack of any emotion at all when Natalie got to see her boyfriend? And then again when he proposed? She didn't even look like she was happy to see him. And then her nomination speech was the epitome of retarded. I just...hate.

September 07 2009 at 5:11 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply