July 30, 2014

Former Power Ranger becoming MMA fighter

by Danny Gallagher, posted Sep 8th 2009 12:02PM
Tommy Oliver as the Green Power RangerOne of the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers is about to start fighting bad guys for real, and this time, he won't have a giant robot hybrid to cover his ass.

Jason David Frank, also known as the Green Ranger on the long running children's show, has signed with a sports entertainment company and will soon make his grand debut in mixed martial arts fighting.

Apparently, he's no stranger to scrappin'. According to an interview with his new employer Suckerpunch Entertainment, he's been training in martial arts since he was 12, created his own form of fighting and most notably, wielded the long sought after "Dragon Shield." That should come in handy if his opponent can shoot energy beams.

This is something he's been looking to do for a long time, but has been putting it off because "I know I have a target on my back. Everyone is going to want to beat up the Green Ranger." He's right. Starting with the millions of parents who made them throw away their money for those stupid toys, so they could buy their children's love. Then there are the countless horrible movies they made them sit through. Not to mention the fact that the dumbass theme song is still stuck in my head. The list goes on.

Jennifer

Um, guys just to bring this up, he later became the White Ranger.

September 09 2009 at 11:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bubbameister33

Best comment award goes to C.A.

IT'S MORPHIN' TIME.

September 08 2009 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C.A.

I can't wait for him to be behind in a fight and whip out his dagger/flute and summon the Dragon Zord! This is gonna be epic!

September 08 2009 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to C.A.'s comment
C.A.

September 08 2009 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeremy Lacey

By countless movies you mean... two. I guess that is a difficult number for some people. Also, I think the first film was good for what it was, the second one was definitely an attempt to cash in.

September 08 2009 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Jeremy Lacey's comment
Bubbameister33

Turbo sucked. The Space rangers season was the best one yet. The best episode was the all red ranger episode.

September 08 2009 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Val

I hope he does well.. hes like a 6th degree black belt.. so he has the skills.. I still watch Power Rangers. I'm sad that this will be the last season for a looooong time..

September 08 2009 at 3:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MCW

Gallagher, you really hate the Power Rangers huh? I guess that has more to do with how much money they robbed you of with your pumpkin smashing act in the 90's.

I always liked the green ranger... I read a few years ago that he really was an accomplished karate teacher, so this doesn't surprise me as much as the picture on that Suckerpunch page does. Dude works out pretty often, it seems.

September 08 2009 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply