November 25, 2014

Sneak Peek: the season premiere of Parks and Recreation

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 8th 2009 11:33AM
I'll have to check some past episodes, but I think this is one of the first times if not the first time I've laughed out loud at something from Parks and Recreation. It features Amy Poehler turning something her boss says into a reason to sing an entire rap song.

I love how it goes on a little longer than you expect and gets a bit surreal. Making the coffee in the middle of it is a nice touch.

Will

I really love me some Amy Poehler, but I can't sit through "Parks and Recreation." She deserves so much better than this dreck.

September 09 2009 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Galley

I only watch it for Rashida Jones.

September 08 2009 at 7:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

The first couple episodes were painful to watch, mostly because Amy Poehler seemed to be doing a full-on impression of Michael Scott. It got much better, though. It made me laugh out loud several times, even in the summer's reruns.

September 08 2009 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MCW

I smiled, so THERE previous commenters!

I didn't laugh a lot during season 1 admittedly. One notable scene is when Rashida's boyfriend is having his cast removed, and remotes & ipods are stuck to his leg. I don't give up on shows because of seeing 1 clip though, like my compatriots here. Might as well watch season 2, because it'll likely be a situation of when 30 Rock suddenly got good last year, and blew me away.

It happens. When you come close to getting canceled, you step things up.

September 08 2009 at 1:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lady Olivier

The only time I watched Parks I didn't find it funny at all. It tries too hard and fails. I really am suprised it has lasted this long.

September 08 2009 at 12:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry

I didn't even crack a smile. This show is awful.

September 08 2009 at 12:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply