November 21, 2014

Heroes was just kinda so-so last season, says NBC

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 10th 2009 6:05PM
Everyone has an opinion about how Heroes has been the last couple of seasons. Even NBC. In the new promo for the show (two-hour season premiere on September 21), it seems that even the network knows it could be better. The clip is titled "Back At Their Best," Noah says the lines "you have to remember who you were" and "maybe we're looking for redemption," Tracey says "I'm back," the words NEW BEGINNING appear on a wall, and the song that plays in the background is "Second Chance."

Heroes fans who think the show has gone downhill would probably say this is the third or fourth chance, but we get the point, we get the point.

[via Topless Robot]

Bill D

Let me add my agreement to most of what everyone else has said.

We were told by Tim Kring the show lost its way during Season 2 and that things would be better. I gave up part way through Season 3, myself, for the same reason as Bruce. It was grueling and punishing to sit through. I couldn't take watchign the show anymore.

Now, NBC is telling us that we should forgive and forget and come back because they've acknowledged the show wasn't so good? Sorry, I've heard this song before and I'm not biting. They lost me. I'll never watch again.

September 12 2009 at 3:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
puffin

Sorry there's no third chance given. We dropped this show about halfway through season 3 and vowed never to watch another episode. Huge plot holes, terrible character writing, and boring / forgetful story arcs are just tip of the iceburg on this show.

September 11 2009 at 2:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
bruce

I stopped watching at around the 20th episode this past season. I just couldn't take it anymore - watching 42 minutes and 20 seconds of a Heroes episode became so grueling that it reminded me of having to do homework back when I was in high school. I'd Tivo it, and finally I just stopped watching the show. Yeah yeah I'm sure it turned around and got good again right at the very next episode after I stopped watching - spare me.

I won't be watching Season 3. Heroes has been relegated to the category of reality TV in terms of my interest in it.

September 11 2009 at 1:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ðan

that is funny I thought it stunk :|

September 10 2009 at 11:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
R-Bro

Heroes has been terrible every season since the first one. No reason to think it'll be any better this season. The writers have totally lost track of what made the show special.

September 10 2009 at 7:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michelle

Well, yes, that could point to NBC admitting the show wasn't 100%, but it could also just be indicative of the fact that this new Volume is entitled "Redemption," and so it really is all about new beginnings and redemption, etc. Sometimes, people read into things a bit too much. Last season didn't live up to first season glory, but it was still really good. Give them a break, already!

September 10 2009 at 7:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply