August 20, 2014

Steven Seagal has been a cop for 20 years?!?

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Sep 10th 2009 1:29PM

Steven SeagalThe world has officially been turned upside down for me.

Apparently when he's not making bad-ass movies like Under Siege, Exit Wounds, or my personal favorite, Today You Die, Steven Seagal is a Deputy Sheriff in Jefferson Parish, Louisiana and he's been doing it for 20 years.

Can it get better? Yes. Starting in December, A&E is sending cameras along with him.

Seagal's new reality series Lawman (not to be confused with the upcoming Timothy Olyphant FX drama of the same name) has very quickly jumped up my must-see list of the new TV season. The comic value alone is worth tuning in. Can you imagine getting busted by Steven Seagal?!?

Turns out that 20 years ago, while filming near his home in Jefferson Parish, he taught some cops a few skull-knockin' tricks and things turned out so well that they deputized him. The job stuck, because two decades later he's still at it.

To call this a reality series seems like a bit of a stretch - it's not like they pulled some random actor out of nowhere to be a cop for a few months. I'll say it a third time because it still hasn't gotten old for me - Steven Seagal has been a cop for 20 years.

Here's a trailer for the show. Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm flying to Jefferson Parish, taking off my pants while drinking a 40oz. of Olde English in the middle of Main Street, and praying that I get arrested for public indecency.

telepathicjanet

why would actors seagals spirit guides haunt me in my dreams. he tells me iam his telepathic illegal wife in my dreams eyes of a medium, on buddha and all gods, everywhere eye go in my dreams i see him. eye have dream journals. eye write down the afterlifes adc project.com in the mail eye get janet seagal time magazine i never odered it anyway the ny gov is lying about me saez i donot have mental illness. iam being forced to take invega that causes more problems in my life, they think just because they have a board certified diaploma they have a right to lie. i have a tattoo on my arm pgt polygraph test anyone. i wish i could get a telepathic divorce from nicco 1951 everytime i reached out for help the local cops came to take me away to a nut house. i dont understand why everyone is lying about me.what sign am eye aries, march 29 66 born at 830am on the morning i cant believe the things ive read on my mental reports how they committed perjury. cell number 19179953272 anyone got time to help out a innocent person. call me eye cant wait on st jude to find out why this mans spirit guide haunts me. i call my dream journals his afterlife snuff books.automatic handwriters confessions of the afterlife. through astral projection,i use to have cancer one year in remission iam waiting for it to come back. i wanted to live a free drug free life but everyone is having to much fun poisoning me with antipsychotic pills,they make me tremors shakey tired. i have a plan to open up a website to try and find someone that cares about me to guide me in the right pathway on buddha iam bored tired of reaching out for help and noone responds to my cry for help

January 16 2012 at 9:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
telepathicjanet

the telepathicjanet fake velez saez is back on line yes maybe the fcc is asking for too much money to get my notes from them, mrs seagl yes i am going to type in the **** iam going through with your husband on a telepathic level st jude buddha on this now in guru tongues they all told me start from z to a francine is a novus tech spirit guide and she helps me. madam legal seagls book introduction my eyes of a medium my telepathy tv and mirror project of evil entity of 60 seagels torture cells in the afterlife dreams of corrupted souls.psychraitry. eye told all these doctors of the mental aot that eye am studying astral projection and telepathy mediumship and telekinesis i study the subconcious minds of evil intentions, str jude and buddha on this eye turned to everyone on my arms on a spiritual level they all ran to 1951 niccos advocates. jan hartweiz was the first attonery. eye did send ssi michael astrue a letter march 1 2011 and told him iam looking for lawman but now i do not want to kknow him, because he harasses me in my dreams. the ying yang occults voo doo occults black magic. the afterlife confessions of everyone on my arms. sso secret societies of dr frank r wallacves. dr jullian dr davenports the billionares ria game yes they in the afterlife play a game called lets hurt saez till she dies. of cancer. remeber the hypnotists. nathan diamond first attonery jan hartweiz then hitlers advocates. reverse the curse,of janet saez.well tomorrow eye am signing myself in the flushing psyche ward just venting someone to just listen to me. since everyone wants to punish me with invega 6 mgs shakey tremors slow thinking you all stole my innocence. yes truth francine and the revern told me the velezs broke the gov law with your exsistence. its personal, someone all these years has been lying to the gods about me being telepathic telekinesis and medium. remeber eye stare at the sun and eye wont go blind mercury on this.mother moon,they are all guilty everyone that knows the truth about me expecially the wise guys of city hall. ed koch eye met when i was 15 at alley pond enviromental center. he also took a picture with me.its not going to stop the spirits that work with lawman and 1952

January 10 2012 at 8:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dave

i just wanted to point out 1 thing i watched a couple of these shows and if it infact is real and not acting there is a problem that i have noticed. now the police are there to make sure the people are obeying all the lays right? now out of these shows i have seen. i dont remember ever seeing any of the cops wearing a seatbelt while driving. now if they are gona drive faster and be at higher risk in a high speed chase or something shouldnt they wear a seatbelt or because they are cops dont they have to. but it is kind of hypocritical if they give somebody a fine for not wearing a seatbelt and dont wear one themselves on NATIONAL TV come on. leave some feed back on this i want your opinions

December 05 2009 at 2:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to dave's comment
matt

Dave,

I respect your view, but have have a different feeling on the matter. I have been a police officer for the past 7 years and only wear my seatbelt when I travel over 50mph (out of town) But I also don't cite adults for the violation out of fairness. As a police officer, I don't feel it is safer for me to wear one for a few reasons. Some situations require me to jump out of my car and start running and with a seatbelt, the always gets snagged on my duty gear. For my main reason, sadly enough this is becoming more common.. Officers are getting shot at in their cars,, the seatbelt is another obstacle i have to get out of the way to get my gun out. I know it doesn't happen too often, but it does happen.. I will however cite any driver that allows a child to be unrestrained as they don't have a choice in the matter.. However, I wouldn't have a problem citing a driver for not wearing a seatbelt as I am exempt by state law as are other professions (mail man, meter reader, ect) Some jobs have exemptions that others don't, but out of fairness, I don't... Any thoughts on this?

BTW, last week, I was in a high speed accident (Hit a deer over 100mph responding to a domestic with a man trying to stab his wife) I was wearing my seatbelt since I was driving to backup a deputy out of town. The seatbelt probably saved my life, but any time I drive that fast, I put it on...

Thanks

December 07 2009 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Greg

Check the ending credits... Segal is the Deputy Chief of the Reserve Division. Depending on the state statutes, "Reserve" officers are generally part-time or unpaid, or both. Nothing wrong with that. Training requirements for most Reserve Officers is also typically equal to or 'substantially similar' to the requirements of a state certified officer. Myself, I've been a part-time 'reserve' officer in Illinois for twenty years also. We're sworn officers with the same type of training but simply spread out over a little longer period. Same FTO standards, same responsibilities, same standards. I'm guessing that Segal has been more administrative and training that street-cop over the years, but it does seem that (even given creative editing) he does have the street smarts to be effective. All he probably lacks is the day-to-day knowledge of the frequent flyers in the parrish.

And Capt. Etlinger, you of all people should know that the job requirements will definately vary from department to department, and statutory regs are different between the states. What you did in NE would probably be very different in the south.

I'll give him the benefit of doubt here. At least he's on OUR side of the badge.

Stay safe, brothers.

December 04 2009 at 3:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Miniusmoon

HES NOT EVEN A REAL COP!!! WHEN IT SHOWS HIS NAME IS SAY " chief RESERVE deputy" wich means he is in an auxillary unit.. Although he carries a gun wich most reserve deputies do.. He is not a real cop! RESERVES carry guns and go to an academy but it is not nearly as extensive as a real cop! Steva Seagal is once again NOT A COP!!!

December 04 2009 at 4:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cain

god, he is not a cop, he has not been working the beat, going threw the day to day. Yes, he was deputized, but to be an ACTUAL cop you have to be an ACTUAL cop. I think this is an insult to police officers everywhere, him saying "I've been a cop for the last 20 years" its complete BS. He is going to get good people killed. He is an Actor,, NOT a Lawman.

December 01 2009 at 3:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tax Payer

In order for anyone to be a commissioned officer in any police force they must first be P.O.S.T. certified
(Police Officer Standards & training). This is a 12 week training program that I doubt that Mr. Seagal had the time to attended while he was making a movie in Jefferson Parish.

Accordinging to everything that I have read the visits to Jefferson Parish Sheriff Dept. were short visits, never 12 continuous weeks, and the majority of the time was spent rubbing shoulders with the sheriff.

Lets not take away from the real men & women who serve on the line.

I guess we will have to mark this up as another one of those half truths that we hear about Mr. Seagal.

November 29 2009 at 11:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Retired Officer Too!!

I TOO AM A RETARDED OFFICER!I R ALSO A GREEN BERET AND A NAVY SEAL AND A FIRE MAN...I GET PROSTATE EXAMS EVERY 6 MONTHS.

November 20 2009 at 12:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
PBSO

Is He a Major?? What Rank Is He?

November 19 2009 at 12:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brandi

Steven Segal reminds me of an old boyfriend that i had in school. Every time i broke up with him (which was quite often) he would yell at me "some day I'm gonna be someone and then you'll want to be with me!"
Well, sorry to say, he's a construction worker now.
He was into all that takwondo (however you spell it). He was actually an instructer but must says his arragance over took him. He's nothing but a construction worker. He was a jailer for about 3 months but decided to work outside as a construction worker.....wow!
Anyways, steven reminds me so much of Mike.....very arragant and just ends up being a "no body".

November 18 2009 at 9:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply