September 19, 2014

America's Got Talent books Susan Boyle

by Allison Waldman, posted Sep 12th 2009 1:02PM
Susan_Boyle_Harpers_BazaarSimon Cowell predicted it and he was right (and he has a hand in all this, you know). Susan Boyle is going to appear on the season finale of America's Got Talent, giving all of us a chance to see her as she is now. As this beautiful photo shows, celebrity has already transformed Susan. The shock to her system after the sudden fame has apparently waned, and she is now ready to bring her act to America. Britain's Got Talent nearly overwhelmed her, but that was then and this is now.

The appearance on America's Got Talent will be included in the NBC show's two-part finale airing September 14 and 16. And, they're calling this her "official" U.S. TV debut, but I think that's referring to singing only, because she's been on talk shows.

I would venture to say that there will be a boost in the Nielsens, because people are curious about Susan Boyle. I know I am. Is she really as good as those clips? Are we going to be hearing from Susan Boyle for years to come, or is this a flash in the pan?

One thing I can tell you, her upcoming CD -- called I Dreamed a Dream -- has been recorded and will be released November 24. That's just in time for the Christmas shopping season, and the pre-sales on Amazon have already put her at the top of their chart. Interest in her album has exceeded that for Whitney Houston's, and Whitney's album just debuted at number one according to Soundscan. Talk about a dream coming true, hmm?

By the by, Simon promises that the CD will be unexpected. "We're not going to throw out some souvenir album of show tunes," he told Extra.

Eunice

OMG I heard Susan Boyle sing on AGT tonight and I have got to say I think she has the most beautiful voice I have ever listened to..God bless her..She has a very special talent..I can't say enough about her..She is a very special person...Good luck Susan and I hope you grace us with your beautiful voice for many years to come

September 17 2009 at 12:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lynne Raisley

Hey to all of you who have to stoop to call people names such as "fattie" with regards to Susan Boyle take a glance at the horrors going on in this country and around the world and then fall on your knees and be grateful for a human being who can bring music to the soul. no human being should be ridiculed or abused physically or mentally. MCW get out of your sheltered existence and go and see what humans do to one another. Please tell me where is the outrage. Susan Boyle
sing for the whole world to hear.

September 16 2009 at 12:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Grammie

Ooops! I meant Wild Horses.

September 14 2009 at 2:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Grammie

I just listened to Wild Horse and I still have goosebumps. Susan really has what it takes. Her voice just soars.

September 14 2009 at 2:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jo Mattioli

MCW must be from another planet, or just an ignorant
individual with no taste for anything but peanut butter.

September 13 2009 at 1:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
trennie

I think you're right, Edward about BGT. It wasn't her choice. But wait till you hear her sing "Wild Horses" on Tues. on AGT. You're going to be blown away. Heard it on youtube before they took it down. Wow! Haunting. Unbelieveable. She takes that old Stones song and makes it her own.

September 13 2009 at 10:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
alioops

MCW.. don't know what planet you live on, and don't really care, but it is already obvious that Susan Boyle has a HUGE fan base and 20 million people will be watching that performance on America's Got Talent. Just cause you are not watching doesn't mean no one else will. Small minds exist in small worlds and how small your world really is.

September 13 2009 at 9:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to alioops's comment
MCW

Well, thanks for replying to my post directly so that I would actually see that you had... small minds even know how to work a comment box.

How exactly does the fattie have a "huge fan base" when she has exactly zero albums to her name? Huge fan base must mean being on Oprah. Count me out.

September 13 2009 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MCW

I can't bring myself to ever care. I will mute or watch something DVR'ed when she comes on. America's Got Talent has brought in eclectic guests over this season, and it's stupid that they decide to bring this woman back. No one wants to see her AGAIN.

September 12 2009 at 11:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
2 replies to MCW's comment
shirleee6

we did count you out goodby!!!!!!!!!

September 13 2009 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
andrew burns

It is very strange that if you go to the nbc poll tonight 73% are tuning in just to see susan boyle. And with 300 million fans you really are delusional to believe that rubbish you just typed

September 16 2009 at 2:50 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Jo

If she sings "Wild Horses" on AGT, . . . move over Leona, Celine, Whitney, Barbara--she's caught up with you

September 12 2009 at 5:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Edward

I think everyone wants to hear her sing something different. I don't think singing the same song twice helped her on Britain's Got Talent.

September 12 2009 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply