September 2, 2014

One show renewed by ABC Family, one show canceled by ABC Family

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 12th 2009 6:00PM
Ruby & The RockitsAll of you David Cassidy fans* out there are out of luck.

ABC has canceled his new show Ruby & The Rockits. It seems like the show just started ... well, that's because that's pretty much true. The show will be axed after only one season.

Anyone who wants to see the show renewed for a second season will have to start a campaign like the nut campaign that saved Jericho for another season. I don't watch the show, so I'm not sure what you could mail to ABC Family to get their attention. Maybe rubies? Rockets?

But there's another show on ABC Family that has actually been renewed. Specifically, 10 Things I Hate About You has been picked up for another 10 episodes, which will debut in January of next year.

*For the record, I include myself on that list. He actually has a great voice, and he and The Partridge Family had a bunch of great songs. Seriously!

[via TV Tattle]

Tracy

Don't forget "Make it or Break it" was also renewed!

September 13 2009 at 10:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tom

I didn't watch this show, but I have gone back and listened to several of the Partidge Family albums lately. I think the earlier ones still hold up. Even some of the non-hits were pretty good.

September 13 2009 at 11:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MCW

I was watching the show, up until last week when I just gave up (I guess they were up till about the 6th episode or something like that).

It just wasn't working for me. It's not for lack of talent, comedically or vocally (vocally thanks to Alexa Vega, of course). The problem with this show is the ultra-broad comedy that frequently misses the mark. It was enough to keep me watching the first few episodes, but then I came to the realization that there were MUCH better things out there that I could be watching.

I know Vega will land on her feet, whom is really the only cast member from this show I care about :)

September 12 2009 at 11:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wayne Dunham

I was on the fence about R&TR. Keith ;) played such an other the top dolt the scenes with him are hard to watch, but the rest of the cast/characters were ok.

I am glad to see 10 Things get renewed.

September 12 2009 at 10:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Wayne Dunham's comment
Wayne Dunham

oops, that should have been "over the top dolt", not "other the top dolt"

September 13 2009 at 12:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply