October 31, 2014

We got your Titan Maximum right here

by Brad Trechak, posted Sep 12th 2009 10:14AM
Robot ChickenIt was mentioned a few months ago that some of the folks behind Robot Chicken (including Seth Green) are making a new Adult Swim series called Titan Maximum, which is basically a Voltron parody. I didn't realize when I first heard of this project that there was also a little Thunderbirds in the mix as well. And quite probably some Team America: World Police.

It's too early to tell, but based on the preview, the show certainly looks funny. Unlike Robot Chicken, this show will likely have things like plots and regular characters (the nerd kid from Robot Chicken doesn't count). In that sense, it's more a parody in the vein of The Venture Brothers.

This show is either going to be a phenomenal success or a spectacular failure, with not much room in between. It's certainly on the right channel given its target audience and subject matter. What do you think? Based on the preview, does the series hold any promise?

HorrorFan

Funniest damn show I've seen this year. Laugh out loud funny. It's up there with Harvey Birdman, Big Bang Theory, Robot Chicken and old Two and a Half-Men episodes.
DVR'd the show and watched the episodes last night. Awesome stuff.
Do not let this show get cancelled. Even funny watching it a second time.

November 12 2009 at 1:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DaveTehWave

"I didn't realize when I first heard of this project that there was also a little Thunderbirds in the mix as well. And quite probably some Team America: World Police."

Uhhhhh... you *do* realize that TA:WP was influenced by Thunderbirds, right?

September 12 2009 at 10:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MrC

I just love the concept "What is teenagers REALLY were in charge of saving the world?"

Can't wait...

September 12 2009 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anita

I loved Voltron and love Robot Chicken, so I plan on watching, but the extended trailer played at the roller skating parties seemed to lack the satire that I loved in RC. So, we'll see . . .

September 12 2009 at 3:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bubbameister33

I plan on watching.

September 12 2009 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
gonnabechef

It's actually more reminiscent of "Battle of the Planets," if I'm remembering my theme songs correctly.

September 12 2009 at 10:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply