August 21, 2014

And now, a baffling picture from last night's VMAs

by Bob Sassone, posted Sep 14th 2009 1:00PM
VMAs
I think the last time I actually cared about MTV was around 1991, so I'm not really invested in the latest Kanye West drama/hype that happened at last night VMAs. But I do think this picture was bizarre enough to post. It pretty much confirms that this is a world I have nothing in common with anymore. Thankfully.

[via The Awl]

ConcretelyAmbiguous

I'm glad that this issue wrapped up in a nice little bow but I wonder the effects it'll have on Kanye's career?

Overall, I believe this issue will blow over. Meanwhile, RIDICULOUS situations like this should be addressed!

IF YOU THOUGHT YOU WERE MAD AT KANYE...

September 15 2009 at 4:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
RobynM

I haven't watched it yet, but the only reason I DVR'd it was because Russell Brand was hosting and I'm quite fond of his work.

Oddly enough, in an attempt to drum up viewership, sister Viacom network The N went off the air during the first two hours of the first showing, putting up a slide that effectively said "Go watch the VMAs".

September 14 2009 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Whoosh

I guess its official: this IS the day the music died.

September 14 2009 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wulfn1

was lady gaga going for the humanoid/capuchin monkey look? because from that photo.....

September 14 2009 at 5:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

I love this entire post was dedicated to telling us how you've outgrown MTV. Well, good for you. How about some blogging now?

September 14 2009 at 4:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ac

Beyonce is probably wondering why the hell they sat her with the crazies as this picture was taken.

September 14 2009 at 4:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Melanie51

And yet these are the folks who say that hard-working Americans who attend tea parties and townhall meetings are out of touch. If that's who I'm out of touch with, all I can say is thank God.

September 14 2009 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

Madonna & Janet Jackson made the first 15 minutes bearable.

September 14 2009 at 2:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scot

Bob...I couldn't agree more.

I was pissed last night as someone stopped the recording of my shows to watch the VMAs live and participate in a liveblog. Part of me is getting old and crotchety, but when you see that this is what we present to our impressionable youth as acceptable, I lose some more faith in our society.

Or maybe I should just chill-ax?

September 14 2009 at 2:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ConcretelyAmbiguous

OMG. Taylor Swift planned it all!

September 14 2009 at 1:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply