July 29, 2014

Big Brother 11: Finale HOH, season finale

by Jackie Schnoop, posted Sep 16th 2009 12:33AM
Natalie and Kevin made it to the final three on BB11
(S11E30) Natalie and Kevin made it scheming all the way into the final three on Big Brother 11. But, did they make it to the final two? Did one of them win the half-million dollars? Or did Jordan blow them both out of the water? It was an unlikely final three and the first two-hour live season finale. Despite the rather lame "high school cliques" theme to the season, it definitely had its moments of BB history.

But first ... you know me. I need to whine and fuss just a bit. I thought they'd never get to the last part of the head of household comp! I felt like a child on a family road trip -- "Are we there yet? Are we almost there?" We had 45 minutes of filler on a live show before we got into the good stuff. Recap, last minute Natalie and Kevin both vying for Jordan's favor, and so on.

The only interesting bit before they played out the HOH was Michele entering the jury house. Oh man, those jurors are really on the anti-Jordan wave. It's almost like they've been reading Internet message boards or something. I crossed my fingers and hoped for the best.

Then it happened. The final part of the head of household was your standard "finish this statement made by a juror" with two answer choices. Oh, the tension! Kevin, one point. Jordan, one point. Back and forth to a tie at the end of the questions. It's amazing! Jordan SO won the tiebreaker, and she's the final HOH! Who woulda thunk it?

She evicted Kevin. To be honest, I've disliked Natalie so much this season that it irks me that she will win a minimum of $50,000. I'd rather Kevin have that money. But it was a good strategical move for Jordan. While she has no clue the jury has turned so much on Natalie, Kevin played a much better strategical game all season than she has. He just might have won it all.

The jury questioning didn't provide me with any surprises, except that Natalie's age lie wasn't revealed. Why not? At least Ronnie the Rat exposed Nat the Rat and called her out on it. Alas, it was after the votes were already locked in. But Jordan didn't need his help anyway.

The voting went down like this:

• America's Vote - Jordan
  • Jessie - Jordan
  • Lydia - Jordan
  • Russell - Natalie
  • Jeff - Jordan
  • Michele - Jordan
  • Kevin - Natalie

Jeff won America's Favorite Houseguest and collected the $25,000. All in all, I found it a satisfying conclusion to the season even though I had to suffer Natalie winning money. Jordan and Natalie were both shocked at Jessie's vote, me not so much. I think his vote had a lot to do with Lydia and what she's told him about Natalie.

As for the two-hour finale, I think they need to work on it a bit. It should have been fun, interesting, and exciting. They had way too much filler and recapping going on. Your thoughts?

Big Brother' Photos

Big Brother 8 contestants Amanda Marchant, Samantha Marchant arrive for the Lipsy party held at the Crystal clubon October 28, 2008 in London, England.

Nat Jag/FilmMagic.com

BIG BROTHER 10 Libra, a 32-year-old human resources representative from Spring, Texas, was the fifth Houseguest evicted from the house by a unanimous vote of 6 to 0. She will be the first Houseguest to be sequestered in the jury house until the final episode on Tuesday, September 16th. Airs Thursday, August 14, 2008.

CBS

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart, the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart, the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting acurrent Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart (center, pink ruffled shirt), the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. From left: Jun (Season 4), Bunky (Season 2), Jace (Season 5), Amy (Season 3), Mike Boogie (Season 7), Junelle (Season 6), Brian, Matt (Season 9), Chicken George (Season 1) and Jen (Season 8). Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Brian Hart (center, pink ruffled shirt), the first Houseguest evicted from the House, returned to host the "Luxury Competition" pitting current Houseguests against Houseguests from each of the past nine seasons. From left: Jace (Season 5), Amy (Season 3), Jen (Season 8), Chicken George (Season 1), Brian, Junelle (Season 6), Jun (Season 4), Mike Boogie (Season 7), and seated, Matt (Season 9) with Bunky (Season 2). Airs Sunday, August 10, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 When America's Player Dan cast his vote which broke the evenly divided household, Jessie, a 22-year-old professional body builder from Rudd, Iowa, was evicted from the house by a vote of 4 to 3. Airs Thursday, August 7, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Houseguests prepare for the "In the Garden of Veto, Baby!" Power of Veto Competition during last nightÕs. Airs Wednesday, July 29, 2008.

CBS

BIG BROTHER 10 Houseguests prepare for the "In the Garden of Veto, Baby!" Power of Veto Competition during last nightÕs. Pictured here: Memphis. Airs Wednesday, July 29, 2008.

CBS

inputstring
channel:"cbs on aol" show:"big brother" sort:mostrecent
width
400
hidetitle

Joyce N.

Natalie is now doing interviews and says Jessie is hurt and upset because of her engagement. Also says that she KNEW she wasn't going to win and said in the DR that she wanted Jordan to win. Plus she stated that she knew that only Russell and Kevin would vote for her. That girl is so full of it. Just can't stop lying!

September 17 2009 at 11:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Joyce N.'s comment
GL

She is really something.

September 19 2009 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sassy

Jackie, thanks so much for making a kind of dull season interesting with your clever writing.

It's been a great season with you as our reporter and I hope to see you again next summer giving us the write ups on a really great season.

By the way, do you write up Survivor or Amazing Race? I'd love to read your take on those shows, too.!

September 17 2009 at 7:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Larry

I am glald that jordan won

September 17 2009 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Becky

Jackie, thank you for your diligence, humor and views on Big Brother. Other than Natalie winning any money I am happy at the way things turned out. I agree that had Natalie owned up to the fact she was actually 24 that the outcome might have been closer, but I still think Jordan would have won. I think Jordan took the best person to insure her winning to the finals. As much as I liked Kevin (except when he was being mean), I did want Jordan to win. It shows that you can be yourself, be nice, have morals and not be a lying, cheating, backstabbing slob to win. The only really bad decision she made IMHO was the too tight, too short dress at the finale.

September 17 2009 at 12:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Laura

Natalie will blow her 50K in a casino somewhere the first month. Weak player or not, Jordans money at least will be put to good use

September 16 2009 at 3:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Laura's comment
Syd

i do think jordan needed it most of all the players

September 26 2009 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

A few seasons ago some punk named Danoto won BB
at the time I was upset, I swore I wouldn't watch the next season and I did not, in fact I didn't watch BB10 either. To me it sucked he didn't get booted from the game for his abusive rants.

I finally tuned into big brother 11 in the 3rd or 4th week.
I was so upset and ready to quit watching for good when it looked like natalie would win.

I am so glad she did not, my faith is restored in BB. Good people can win !!!!! I can't wait until next season.

September 16 2009 at 12:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
davidm3825

We all wanted a show like Survivor where they pick they winner and then everyone sits around to talk about the show. But this was awful. The first hour was a recap of the whole season. They should have just stuck with the old format of a one hour show.

September 16 2009 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
GG

So because I have opposing views against the general public I'm a family member? Doesn't everyone have the right to their own opinion? You're so far from the truth thinking I'm a family member of Natalie's. I don't know Natalie other than what I saw in the house and to clarify things, I'm a woman! I'm an avid BB viewer and I honestly disagree with some of the general public's point of views regarding how Natalie played the game. I'm not saying she was the best player...I WANTED JEFF TO WIN (at first); but I do not think Jordan deserved it over Natalie. Nat is VERY hated and I think it's because she actually played this game. Cruel at times but she played. She didn't play to the general publics liking but she still played. And even though she was mouthy and sometimes rude, she stood by her alliances...If she lied, deceived, manipulated or betrayed; it was towards those not in her alliance. She got JEFF out and I think that's why most dislike her. But don't you think that was a GREAT move? People praise others "primarily men" when they do those kinds of things to one another but when a woman does it, it's like THE WORSE THING EVER. I'm tired of the double standards. More than enough times a man wins this game and they win out of being disrespectful to the ultimate extent. And they are highly respected and praised. Nat was not as malicious or as disrespectful as evil Dyck, Dr Will or Mike Boogie; yet they were all well praised by the majority of the general public regarding how they played the game. It's messed up and I think it's totally wrong.

Don't get me wrong, I AM HAPPY a woman won the game but as far as the nasty comments and the bashing against Natalie; I think it goes a little too far. In the end, isn't it just a game? This girl has to go home after all of this and I don't think she deserves to be treated and talked about as she has been. BB is a game where lying, deceiving, manipulating and betraying is expected; so why all the put downs against someone who did just that; because she is a woman? Not ok! Also I do not like how much influence the producers had this season. If ya'll watched the after dark episodes on showtime, you'd understand some of my points of views. Jordan knew about the game with the balls after her diary room session....she knew toooo much; very suspicious. I feel as if this was set up for her to win it. I like nice people but in this game nice isn't good enough....Jeff carried her and it wasn't until he started pointing out to her that she wasn't doing much and that she had to start saying and doing things. He was even annoyed by how she played on some point....

September 16 2009 at 12:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
3 replies to GG's comment
Dave

Julie Chen has to be the worst host ever! All she ever brings is a smug attitude and some scripted lines - no sense of humour whatsoever. It's time that old crone got the boot and made way for someone with some actual chops.

I'd've preferred to've seen Kevin win - he amused me most this season. C'set la vie.

September 16 2009 at 11:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
1 reply to Dave's comment
GL

I never have liked her, but I warmed to her a little this season.

September 19 2009 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply